Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've seen that there are a selection of Migration Agents recommended at the top of this forum however I was wondering if anybody could recommend one based in Adelaide? I have quite a complex application that I'd like to get all my questions answered in a consultation.

I'll post a few of the questions in this thread incase any can be answered here.

I'm a UK citizen who has been going out with my partner for nearly 3 years, I'm currently in Aus on a working holiday visa, I need to complete farm work to extend for the second year, does anybody know if Road traffic management/stop and go work counts towards the construction element of the farm work? The conditions seem to vary depending on your county of citizenship and what state you work in and I hear all kinds of stories from different people.

As I mentioned that we have been currently in a relationship for approaching 3 years, what proof must you include to satisfy getting approved for PR without the interim 2 year PR? As we are a younger couple we don't have a huge amount of proof as we have been travelling in several countries since our relationship started, only flight tickets, rental agreements, photos and shared tax returns.

If I do not provide enough proof for the 3 year de facto relationship and have to wait 2 years to apply for PR, can I leave the country after getting the initial PR approved and apply for the second half of PR (providing we are still together) two years later? I know I have to reside 2 years in 5 to continue PR once approved however I'm not sure if I can leave during the 2 year period between applying for PR 801 and 820. I am asking this as I would consider returning to my home country (Wales) to study for a few years as it's considerably cheaper if I was able to apply from overseas before returning.

Thank you if you can manage to answer any of my questions or if you have any recommended agents!

Ben

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hi,

I've seen that there are a selection of Migration Agents recommended at the top of this forum however I was wondering if anybody could recommend one based in Adelaide? I have quite a complex application that I'd like to get all my questions answered in a consultation.

I'll post a few of the questions in this thread incase any can be answered here.

I'm a UK citizen who has been going out with my partner for nearly 3 years, I'm currently in Aus on a working holiday visa, I need to complete farm work to extend for the second year, does anybody know if Road traffic management/stop and go work counts towards the construction element of the farm work? The conditions seem to vary depending on your county of citizenship and what state you work in and I hear all kinds of stories from different people.

As I mentioned that we have been currently in a relationship for approaching 3 years, what proof must you include to satisfy getting approved for PR without the interim 2 year PR? As we are a younger couple we don't have a huge amount of proof as we have been travelling in several countries since our relationship started, only flight tickets, rental agreements, photos and shared tax returns.

If I do not provide enough proof for the 3 year de facto relationship and have to wait 2 years to apply for PR, can I leave the country after getting the initial PR approved and apply for the second half of PR (providing we are still together) two years later? I know I have to reside 2 years in 5 to continue PR once approved however I'm not sure if I can leave during the 2 year period between applying for PR 801 and 820. I am asking this as I would consider returning to my home country (Wales) to study for a few years as it's considerably cheaper if I was able to apply from overseas before returning.

Thank you if you can manage to answer any of my questions or if you have any recommended agents!

Ben
1) Specified work :https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-417/specified-work
2) long term relationship : plenty of posts about it on the forum
We consider you have been in a long term relationship, at the time you lodged your application, if you had been with your partner for either:
  • three years or more
  • two years or more and you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship.
3)You can be offshore for sc. 801 grant. You don't apply for it separately; you apply for the 820 and the 801 at the same time.You just have to provide additional documentation for the stage 2 to show that the relationship is still ongoing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1) Specified work
2) long term relationship : plenty of posts about it on the forum
We consider you have been in a long term relationship, at the time you lodged your application, if you had been with your partner for either:
  • three years or more
  • two years or more and you and your partner have a dependent child of your relationship.
3)You can be offshore for sc. 801 grant. You don't apply for it separately; you apply for the 820 and the 801 at the same time.You just have to provide additional documentation for the stage 2 to show that the relationship is still ongoing.
Thanks for the reply, I've taken a look at the link and found this information on the further details of working under construction to obtain the necessary 88 days farm work, although it doesn't seem to mention much to do with traffic management.... can anybody clarify? I've heard of people doing it to complete their farm work however I obviously would like to find out 100%.

'The Construction Division includes units mainly engaged in the construction of buildings and other structures, additions, alterations, reconstruction, installation, and maintenance and repairs of buildings and other structures.

Units engaged in demolition or wrecking of buildings and other structures, and clearing of building sites are included in Division E Construction. It also includes units engaged in blasting, test drilling, landfill, levelling, earthmoving, excavating, land drainage and other land preparation.'

I've heard that its 3 years+ which is what we would need to prove as we don't have a dependant child. I'll see if I can find some more information.

Ah, so if I applied for both the 820 and 801 together while in Aus for example April, I could then leave the country and wait live until the the 801 is granted? Would the 2 years out of 5 start from immediately after the 801 is granted or from when I re-enter after the 801 is granted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.