Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i have an aat hearing next week and have just been told i need someone to represent me please any suggestions would help im not havong alot of money so someone with a reasonable price thank you

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Hi everyone i have an aat hearing next week and have just been told i need someone to represent me please any suggestions would help im not havong alot of money so someone with a reasonable price thank you
You have been misinformed.
You are not required to engage a representative.
If you engage a registered migration agent or a lawyer to represent you, the presiding AAT member does not have to let your representative speak on your behalf, although they usually do.
Your best strategy is to have your submissions thoroughly prepared - in writing - and lodged as soon as possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you for that when you say i need to prepare submissions im not sure what that is i have a phone interview with them on friday i thought i just had to state why i should be allowed to stay?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Ok thank you for that when you say i need to prepare submissions im not sure what that is i have a phone interview with them on friday i thought i just had to state why i should be allowed to stay?
It is a bit more complicated than that. You actually have to convince them that you meet the requirements for the visa. Basically you should re-do the entire application with a detailed submission explaining why the refusal was wrong.

I suggest you get professional help quick or face another refusal. You should have sorted this out as soon as you lodged the review application.

Reactions: wrussell

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
It is necessary, but not sufficient to prepare a submission that rebuts the reason/s for refusal.From time to time presiding members find reasons to refuse and application on grounds that were not cited by the primary decision maker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes my reason is i never completed my medicals as i was pregnant and never checked my emails and had bad post and prenatal depression. But i am now attending my uni as i was on a bridging student visa but my case was referred to aat and have completed my medicals. Im not finding any mrt with a price i can afford in the internet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.