Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am interested in getting a migration agent to go through my application and check that I have answered the questions correctly, help me understand some what some of the questions are asking, and make sure I have provided enough evidence for the partner visa.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations and good experiences applying for an onshore de facto visa using a migration agent in Melbourne? Anyone specific who I should call?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
You can check for agents on Migration Institute of Australia and best to ask questions like how long they have been operating for and you will get some insight into quality of any web site they have.
Whether they will just provide a checking service is another matter and it could be that it'll be we'll act as your agent for you and the fee will be in the order of $3000 or you could get some hungrier ones that may have lower fees or offer a preliminary check for several hundred $$$$ but remember you only get what you pay for.

Meanwhile, the Checklists, Booklets and other information on the Immi site is really quite clear for most and I find that where people start to doubt that information, it can often be because they may in reality not really meet eligibility conditions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can check for agents on Migration Institute of Australia and best to ask questions like how long they have been operating for and you will get some insight into quality of any web site they have.
Whether they will just provide a checking service is another matter and it could be that it'll be we'll act as your agent for you and the fee will be in the order of $3000 or you could get some hungrier ones that may have lower fees or offer a preliminary check for several hundred $$$$ but remember you only get what you pay for.

Meanwhile, the Checklists, Booklets and other information on the Immi site is really quite clear for most and I find that where people start to doubt that information, it can often be because they may in reality not really meet eligibility conditions.
Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for your help! I do believe that we are eligible for this visa, we have a lot of evidence that I think will prove we are a genuine couple:

- Joint Lease Agreements since 2008 - present.
- Letters from the estate agents in both of our names.
- Photos of us together since we were 16, and me with his family.
- Bills with only one of our names on it, but I will be highlighting relevent transfers on bank statements which prove that we have been sharing the bills since we have been living together (e.g. my partner puts half of the money for the bill into my account and then I pay it).
- Birthday cards and thank you cards that my parnter's family have given me.
- We will be registering our relationship.
- At least two statutory declarations from people who have known us since we have been a couple.
- Email from his Mum to my Mum talking about how I have been staying with my partner's parents.
- Postcards addressed to both of us.

The only problem I am having is that I don't undestand what some of the questions on the forms are asking, so I need someone to explain them to me so I know what I am answering them correctly!

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Post the questions you dont understand here. Or you could ring Immigration. There was a couple of questions I was unsure on and they were very helpful in clarifying them for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.