Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I am Raihul, working in Dubai as MAchine Operator. (Technical Field) My wife is a Medical Transcriptionist working since 5years in INdia.
Now one of my relative in Australia, had applied for a job in Australia for me. And I may get Work Visa soon. So now my question is,
1. Can I sponsor My wife, so that she also can come to Australia?
If yes, After how many years I must apply for my wifes visa?

If no

2. Whether my wife can apply for Skilled Migration and live with me? Is Medical transcription comes under skilled Migration?

Please answer

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Welcome to the forum raihul and whether you get an employer sponsored visa or another type you can nominate your wife as a secondary applicant and so she would be able to accompany you and work in Australia for as long as your visa was valid.
. Workers - Visas & Immigration

But have a look at eligibility for her too and if you have been living apart for five years, it is possible you will need to show the reasons for that.

Also have a look at the sticky thread #4 for information about visa processing priorities and you can think of yourself as lucky indeed if a relative has been able to organise employment for you with visa sponsorship.

If you want to sponsor your wife at a later date, you would have to wait until you yourself had permanent residency and then there is eligibility for partner visas you would need to look at under migrants > family in the visa section of Department of Immigration & Citizenship

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rahul

I am just wondering whether you have been able to find out under which Skilled Occupation List (SOL) does Medical Transcription fall under?

Secondly, which is the assessing authority in Australia which does the skills assessment for Medical Transcription?

Thanks and regards

Raveesh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.