Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was invited recently to conduct the Citizenship Test in 2 weeks time. As stated in the email, I must be bringing all original documents on the Interview/Test day to match up.

The problem is I have accidentally sent all original documents to Depart of Immigration for my citizenship application by physical mail, instead of copied versions.

Does anyone have related experience regarding this matter?

Would re-doing all documents and explaining to the case officer on Test day about my situation suffice?

Thank you for your input!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Which original documents did you send to them?
At my test they checked only my passport, birth certificate, ID card with my current address on it and overseas police clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which original documents did you send to them?
At my test they checked only my passport, birth certificate, ID card with my current address on it and overseas police clearance.
Thanks Shisa, I have sent all filled out forms (1300 & 1195) and supporting documents in original versions to DIBP.

They also stated in the email I need to bring evidence of my first arrival in Australia, which is 10 years ago and I dont keep them anymore.. Not sure if this is just generic email to everyone?

All I have are my passport, IDs, birth certificate, overseas police clearance and some bills with my name/address.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think what you have is enough. I also applied on paper, didn't send 1195 and was not ask to bring it to my test (I think it's for people who apply online, I remember there was something about it in the test appointment email). Posted the original 1300 with my documents and was not asked about it at my test.
I'm not sure about the evidence of first arrival in Australia as I was not required to submit such document.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Shisa, I have sent all filled out forms (1300 & 1195) and supporting documents in original versions to DIBP.

They also stated in the email I need to bring evidence of my first arrival in Australia, which is 10 years ago and I dont keep them anymore.. Not sure if this is just generic email to everyone?

All I have are my passport, IDs, birth certificate, overseas police clearance and some bills with my name/address.
Hi kennynguyen90,

I am also in a similar situation. Could you please let me know, in the interview did they asked you to provide original 1195 document?

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
oh no i've lost my oringal 1195. I'm planning on redoing it along with a new passport photo and uploading it. My test is tomorrow. Hope it will suffice....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.