Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I'm currently in process of applying for visa 485 (status received - not assigned CO yet), previously from student visa. I had a change in passport prior the submission of my 485 application. I had updated the passport details on the student visa I was holding at the time (done before I lodged 485 visa) and after the update I used my new passport to apply for 485.

A mistake I made is that I put the reason for change of passport as expired while it should have been cancelled (as passport is not yet expired, but cancelled and replaced). Another thing is that for my 485 visa application, I included a scan of my cancelled passport for evidence of travel history (since the new passport is blank) as 'entry/exit stamps pages of expired passport' however I realized a month after the application lodgement that the submitted document is an old scan, as the cancelled passport has been stamped after its cancellation. I have since uploaded another scan (both original and certified) of the cancelled passport, and filed a notification of incorrect information in regards to the mistake of the reason for change of passport (form 1023).

At the moment I am just really worried as the original document submitted with the initial application was an old scan that does not show the passport as being cancelled and even though I have updated Immigration of my change in my passport details before I filed my application, I only corrected this information and uploaded corrected scans more than 1 month after the submission. Will this negatively affect my application for 485 since I updated this information after the application?

Regards

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
This is most ulikely to have adverse consequences.
When a new passport is issued the previous one is automatically cancelled, so you were not far wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts