Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
My mom is coming to Australia this year on 143 visa. Can you please help me with these questions

1)Once she is in Australia , are there any free couses of English for example that my mon could do ? Something that help to adapt . If you know some, could you please share some contacts or could you please navigate me towards where to find them.

2) Also in relation to adaption. Are there any free courses or programs that help? Like some meetings, or organisations that could help? Maybe in relation to work

3) And the last one about accommodation. Is there any options for my mom available like assisted accommodation or something like that?

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
Your best path for questions 1 and 2 would be to go to local councils, and community groups, they will know which courses are being held locally.
As far as assistance goes, your mother is not eligible, In the Assurance of support you signed, you have taken that responsibility yourself.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what the govt website says: -

Financial and other responsibilities

For the first two years that a parent is in Australia on this visa, sponsors must provide the following, as needed, for their parent and any family members who come with them:
support
accommodation
financial assistance.

You need to give a written undertaking on your sponsorship application that you will provide this and other support.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hey guys
My mom is coming to Australia this year on 143 visa. Can you please help me with these questions

1)Once she is in Australia , are there any free couses of English for example that my mon could do ? Something that help to adapt . If you know some, could you please share some contacts or could you please navigate me towards where to find them.

2) Also in relation to adaption. Are there any free courses or programs that help? Like some meetings, or organisations that could help? Maybe in relation to work

3) And the last one about accommodation. Is there any options for my mom available like assisted accommodation or something like that?
1 & 2 : organisations like CentaCare provide migrant settlement services.
3: has been answered by other posters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.