Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sponsored my wife's partner visa(309/100) who is from outside Australia. Recently she got an email from the case officer for:

1. Her immigration health checkup
2. Requested more information on the some aspects mentioned below.

How can i prove the following:

●whether you and your spouse represent yourselves to other people as being married to each other

● any basis on which you and your spouse plan and undertake joint social activities.

●the degree of companionship and emotional support that you draw from each other

●whether you and your spouse see the relationship as a long-term one

We have provided every evidence possible already. Marriage certificates, pictures, honeymoon travel documents, communications, statements from friends, family, financial aspects of our relationship and etc etc.

I am really not sure. Some of these things are so hard to proof! Like the basis on which we undertake social activities or degree of emotional support we draw from each other....what do these even mean?

We are very nervous as we have no clear idea how to prove these! Any kind of suggestion/help will be extremely helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
These are just a few ideas off the top of my head and in no way all inclusive:

Emotional support: Do you have personal messages to each other supporting each other through hard times (i.e., death of a friend/family member, losing a job, getting a promotion, etc)?

The first two can be covered in one way by social media. Are you on Facebook or something similar? My partner and I don't take too many photos but our friends do and post and tag us and we share the same surname as a married couple so a screenshot of photos shared by others can help you there. We also participate in social sports and that group where we live has a Facebook page and often posts photos of the events where you can see me and my partner playing together with other people in town.

Can you provide any emergency contact information listing each other as spouses such as for work? Does your partner use your married name? If you use social media, you can screenshot the date that the profile was updated with married status and how many mutual friends you have.

Are you invited as husband and wife to social events? Think local festivals, weddings, parties, and so on. You should have some form of proof of that you can dig up, whether it be a formal invite for a wedding, a social media invite, or text messages of some sort from friends. Plus any photos of that, social media tagging at the events and screenshot it, etc.

Do you see your relationship as long term... Did you discuss any future plans in your personal statements? My partner and I as a couple are constantly discussing short and long term personal goals as well as goals as a couple. For example, we plan to run our first marathon next year, we want to go on a kid-free holiday for our five year anniversary to some remote island, how my employment plans could take us to the other side of the country and what we'll do if I get those opportunities, etc. Most of those things I can prove through communication with my partner as we message each other often when we're away from each other. Or even get creative and show a budget or your savings and what you plan to use them for (buying a house, investing in property, future holidays, etc).

Sounds like you may need to get creative. Did you supply photos that were basically just selfies of you and your partner or did you supply photos of you at events with friends and family (e.g., a large holiday dinner over Christmas for example, celebrating birthdays, and so on)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can use some of the ideas like facebook messages etc. We provided screenshots of our fb messenger talk time/duration. Which the visa officer says is not enough and wants other such proofs. I am going to provide full message history of our facebook conversation since the day i moved to Australia. I was back in Bangladesh and moved to Aus just after one year of our marriage.

The pictures we initially submitted were mostly group pictures. Like our wedding photos with family and friends in group, group photos from different social events, group travel etc. There should not be any kind of doubt provided the proofs that we have given. Like joint bank account statements, proof that we have declared each other as nominees on our individual bank accounts etc!!

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions. I will try to find out something :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.