Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the most popular internet portals in Australia are - apart from regulars like Yahoo. I hear Fairfax media (that includes SMH, Drive, etc. ) is one popular portal company. Are there more?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering what the most popular internet portals in Australia are - apart from regulars like Yahoo. I hear Fairfax media (that includes SMH, Drive, etc. ) is one popular portal company. Are there more?
They are many and varied.... What exactly are you looking for? Every city has at least one newspaper that more than likely has a website... Then there are the directories like sensis, hotfrog and gumtree.

But there are also many different localised and niche "portals", for anything and everything you could think of.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice one!

Nice question! Would be interesting to know wich are the most popular portals in Australia. That will certainly help approaching to the many ways people participate over different issues.
I guess would be nice to know about general content portals, news, forums and download sites.
For example, here in Argentina I think the most popular is taringa.net.
As a matter of fact, it started being argentinian, but nowadays it's very popular in most latin-american countries.:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
yup gumtree is indeed one good site. i use it like I use ebay. anyways, aside from Google.com.au, there are really a lot of website out there that is good and specific depending on what you need. If you want ads go to gumtree or ebay, if you want academic sites, you can go to university websites, most of them already have interactive websites that you can use.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.