Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Guys if you can help it would be very grateful. Currently I'm on my 2nd working holiday visa...but need to extend my time as my Boyfriend is being considered for a 457 visa as a carpenter. I came to australia 6months earlier than him so my visa runs out shortly.

Should I apply for a 676 visa(i understand this has a NFS barrier) in the meantime, extending my stay and then can move onto defacto on his 457 visa?:confused:

Or should I pop over to NZ and can I still be considered a defacto on his visa from overseas? :eek:

Please help with replies :) :D

· Registered
1,142 Posts
What I can say that if you did manage to get granted a 676 visa (which is not certain because you have already spent 2 years here and they might think you are not on holiday) you would have to leave after it because of the NFS condition. Even if you lodged a de facto visa application while ona 676 via - you would not be granted a bridging visa and would have to leave.....

Would your boyfriend be able to get the 457 visa before the expiry of you WHV ? That's the only way I can see this working. Another thing - I'm not 100% sure about the requirements of the sponsor - will he be considered a permanent resident on the 457 visa ? Because he has to be a permanent resident to be a sponsor.

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Can i attend interviews coming on 676 tourist visa, since I had tried contacting companies and they were asking me to be in Australia to offer a job, however visa will not be issued unless you have a job or offer from an employer.

Suggest me

Venkata S. Dendukuri

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.