Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ,

Just seeking some advice as to the best way to approach moving from an 820 Visa to an 801 Visa.
We were granted our 820 partner visa during October 2019, I have recently received the following email from Home affairs :

Subject: Partner visa application process
Automated message from the Department of Home Affairs
Application reference: --------
Dear -------
You can now submit your information for the permanent stage of your partner visa by logging into ImmiAccount.

I have proceeded to start the application and have completed the initial forms , I am just not sure how I'm supposed to be approaching this next step..
Do immigration treat this part of the process as a blank slate? As in am I expected to provide all ID Documents and information included in my initial 820/801 Dual application or is this simply showing them the evidence of the continuation in the relationship ie a continuation of bank statements, utility bills, photo evidence etc of the time AFTER the initial grant.

I was planning on doing a thorough application with everything included but obviously it is time consuming and If it's not necessary then I won't burn my time doing it... It's just a bit frustrating at the lack of information they provide about it as well as the timeframes it's expected to be completed in which leads me to a final question. What is the timeframe :rolleyes: Obviously I am planning on completing and uploading everything asap but as far as I'm aware the further information is to be provided 2 years after the initial application date which for me would be the 25th of May. By this date am I expected to have all my evidence available for processing or simply have the application submitted? Also as far as the immigration website states it recognizes an automatic skip from an 820 to 801 visa if there has been a long term relationship of 3 years, We got engaged in March 2018, therefore we are currently past the 3 year mark. Does this contribute to anything, as in can a letter be written to state this and perhaps negate the need for this second application? Or does this only apply if their has been a long term relationship prior to the initial 820/801 dual application?

Thankyou so much for any guidance and feedback you can provide. I used this forum at the start of my application and it has been an incredible help thus far and I really appreciate the help!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Basically a continuation of evidence since the 820. You will still need identity docs as well.
There is no documented time frame but it's in your best interest to upload as soon as you can.
The 3 year relationship "rule" is the length of relationship at time of 820 lodgement not the length it currently is.
Hi Sammy,

Thankyou so much for clarifying! Good to hear that this is the case! Once this application is submitted do the standard 801 waiting times come into effect or is it quicker having held the 820 for 2 years previously?

Thanks again !!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hi Sammy,

Thankyou so much for clarifying! Good to hear that this is the case! Once this application is submitted do the standard 801 waiting times come into effect or is it quicker having held the 820 for 2 years previously?

Thanks again !!
The waiting time starts from eligibility date

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good to know Immigration send out a very early reminder as we are also on the 2 year 820 from December 2019. Waiting times should be minimal considering few are migrating now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts