Australia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning to move from Melbourne to Sydney in the next month. I'm just starting to look at our moving options and am a bit overwhelmed.

Would love to hear from others who have moved interstate. How did you do it, and the all-important how much did it cost? Waiting for a better advice.

Thanks for helping me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't do it! I started out in Melbourne and loved it - despite the cold winters. I'm in Sydney only because that's where my work is. Otherwise I would be back in Melbourne tomorrow. I just find Melbourne to be a friendlier, more cultured and conversational place. If you are settled and happy there, why move just for a slightly warmer winter?

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it's because of your job or business is in Sydney, that's okay. I just thought it's better in Melbourne though. Think about it because moving is not just moving. It's going to mean you're changing everything in your life, and that's a scary thing if you don't have enough reason to do so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't do it! I started out in Melbourne and loved it - despite the cold winters. I'm in Sydney only because that's where my work is. Otherwise I would be back in Melbourne tomorrow. I just find Melbourne to be a friendlier, more cultured and conversational place. If you are settled and happy there, why move just for a slightly warmer winter?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Completely agree

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.