Australia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a born aussie citizen. My gf of one year is currently working as an intern pharmacist on a 485 visa. Prior to this she studied in the NT for 2 years completing her pharmaceutical degree. We both live in darwin but separately. I am from South australia and would like to return there next year having almost finished my contract with work in the NT. I grew up there and have elderly family.*

My understanding is she can not get a 189 visa as pharmacy is not on the job list for it. She's eligible for a 190 visa (scores around 100 points). However the NT 190 visa requires she live in the NT for 3 more years. That means we will be separated. (the nt government does not do waivers) I do not think that if she applied for a 190 visa in South Australia she would be accepted having only studied and worked in the NT.

Are there any other options for us so we can both move to SA in 7-8 months time? She also has a sister living in the NT who got her citizenship 2 years ago if that potentially helps.

The only option i can see so far is that i move to the NT. After 1 year on the 190 visa apply for citizenship. Once approved (1 year processing time) we can then move down as the citizenship over rules the 3 year obligation. Is that correct? or must we live in the NT for the full 3 years even if citizen ship is approved?

Any help would be much appreciated as we both would very much like to*move to SA.*

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for an assessment?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Why not sponsor her for a partner visa ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going by immi a partner visa will take 23 months to process (820). Trying for info here first before having to do a consultation

·
Registered
938 Posts
Going by immi a partner visa will take 23 months to process (820). Trying for info here first before having to do a consultation
SA subclass 491?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts