Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum, my girlfriend and I are looking to move to australia, NSW as soon as possible.. If it is at all possible!?
We have a couple of properties owned outright with a combined value of just over £300,000
Neither of us have any of the skilled work requirements to apply for residency but was wondering if buying two properties one in which to live and one to rent out would be an option?
If not anyone know any other options (other than mining!)
Any help would be great, Tom.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You will be hard pressed to buy two houses in Australia for that amount unfortunately.

I'm a little confused by your question though. Are you asking if you can come over here and rent a house out and that be your ticket in? If that's what your asking then unfortunately you can't obtain a visa that way. You need to have a skill.
Are you both under 31? You could come over on a WHV visa and be here for a year and be happy to return home in a year (if your British you can extend with farm work to two years).

Reactions: Valentine1981

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not only that but you would need proof permission from FIRB before being allowed to purchase any properties in Aus. Once you have this you could buy a property to live in but would need to sell it upon leaving Australia. I don't believe you would be permitted to buy a property solely for investment purposes but that part really stretches my memory. Agree with the others that a WHV is the way forward, or retraining in another area of work.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
£300,000 is around $550,000 AUD. I have to agree, that you aren't going to get far with that in Australia. It depends on where you live, but in Sydney you could get something like this for $560K Ultimo address available on request - House for Sale #114287679 - realestate.com.au.

If you want a house, that is bigger, you could live way out in the country... 8 Pineknoll Drive Dubbo NSW 2830 - House for Sale #115385579 - realestate.com.au There is a nice house in Dubbo for $575K, you could haggle on the price...

Or if you want a nice spot in Sydney, this is what you can get for your $550K 408/115 Macleay Street Potts Point NSW 2011 - Apartment for Sale #115971403 - realestate.com.au

Kttykat

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
£300,000 is around $550,000 AUD. I have to agree, that you aren't going to get far with that in Australia. It depends on where you live, but in Sydney you could get something like this for $560K Ultimo address available on request - House for Sale #114287679 - realestate.com.au.

If you want a house, that is bigger, you could live way out in the country... 8 Pineknoll Drive Dubbo NSW 2830 - House for Sale #115385579 - realestate.com.au There is a nice house in Dubbo for $575K, you could haggle on the price...

Or if you want a nice spot in Sydney, this is what you can get for your $550K 408/115 Macleay Street Potts Point NSW 2011 - Apartment for Sale #115971403 - realestate.com.au

Kttykat
Either way as kttykat has shown, you certainly won't get two houses for your money unfortunately. I live in Melbourne and the prices are very similar. You can get a house for low 300,000 out on the rim of the suburbs but that won't leave you enough for a second house I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys, that's pretty much answered my question!
Yeah were both under 31 so whv looks like the best option, Just out of curiosity is there any way you can buy your way into the country? Say if you became a millionaire or bought a buisness??

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You can get a business visa..I can't recall how much it is you have to be earning..$800,000 to over a million or something I believe.
I don't know a great deal about buying a business but know it's certainly not straightforward!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.