Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am not sure if this question is in the right place, but here we go.
So, I am Australian and my partner is a Brazilian, we submitted our 820/801 partner visa in November 2017, he is currently on his bridging A as his student visa expired.

Spanner in the works! I have the opportunity to study a masters in Italy for a year and so we are planning to move there together. What are the implications of this for our partner visa? I understand I would have to update immigration with our situation... but can anyone offer some specific guidance?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Elisabeth

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
A bridging visa A has no travel rights, so if your partner does not obtain a bridging visa B to cover the period of absence from Australia before departing it might not be possible to return to Australia for the 820 visa grant. There are other possible strategies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Westly,

Thanks for that!

We already have a bridging visa B which we got for a short trip we are doing soon, it will expire before moving to Italy. So, given what you suggest, does that mean that he can leave Australia (on another bridging b visa) but he has to return to Australia to accept his 820 visa, or can the 820 visa be granted when we are in Italy.

Thanks,

Elisabeth

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Westly,

Thanks for that!

We already have a bridging visa B which we got for a short trip we are doing soon, it will expire before moving to Italy. So, given what you suggest, does that mean that he can leave Australia (on another bridging b visa) but he has to return to Australia to accept his 820 visa, or can the 820 visa be granted when we are in Italy.

Thanks,

Elisabeth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.