Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

multiple entry advice please

701 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Shoshanna 
#1 ·
Hi all

Just wondering if you could help.

I have applied for an offshore de facto spouse visa, but have been staying with my partner in Aus for the last 2.5 months. We were living in the UK (for over a decade) but he relocated back to Aus (he's Australian) for his work.

I am here on an evisitor visa (I'm from the UK), which allows me multiple entries of max 3 months at a time, over 12 months. My 3 months are nearly up, and I am off to NZ for a few days for a holiday, and then plan to return to Aus to stay for another 3 months (which by then I hope my spouse visa has been granted...I have had medicals and police checks...all submitted couple months ago).

I appreciate I have to leave Aus if spouse visa is granted to "activate it".

My question is, am I likely to have a hard time from immigration on my way back from NZ, given that I would already have been here for nearly 3 months? Are they likely to go "why are you back so soon? No you can't come in again."

I am not breaching my visa conditions, I am here as a tourist, visiting my partner and family. I am not working, and of course have no plans to work until allowed to do so. I have enough funds to support myself (and very happy to show immigration this) and cover all our bills, and have a joint bank account with my partner who works full time.

I am just very worried they may object to me returning only a week after a 3 month stay and refuse entry. I will also be on a one way ticket, because as I said am hoping to have my spouse visa granted in next 3 months, and then I'll buy a ticket to leave Aus an activate visa.

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance.

Shosh :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply. I don't want to break any rules, or antagonise Aus immigration. We have done everything we possibly can to apply for my visa through appropriate channels etc, and minimise risk of mistakes (including hiring a MARA certified agent to help us with our application).

My partner has needed to move back for work, and we don't want to be apart, so I have been using this opportunity to support him getting settled back in to Aus life after being away for so long, as well as taking some time out for myself to travel, visit friends and family.

I was just so worried that returning 1 week after a 3 month stay would set off immigration's alarm bells, and they'd give me a telling off or worse...say I can't come back in.

I can prove enough funds with bank statements, also have copy of partner's work contract, and no doubt they can see that I have applied for spouse visa, so am not looking to circumvent immigration protocols.

I just really hope it all goes ok. Have heard horror stories of people in similar situation being given a very hard time by immigration.

Thank you again Skybluebrewer.

Shosh

#4 ·
"so I have been using this opportunity to support him getting settled back in to Aus life after being away for so long, as well as taking some time out for myself to travel, visit friends and family."

If questioned at immigration just say this! It is exactly what the visa is used for.

On these multi entries visas some people get questioned on 2nd or 3rd arrival and if answers are not good get told they wont be allowed entry again on that visa, but not turned away.

We have reset a stay period by just a weekend to Singapore, no questions asked.

#7 · (Edited)
Hey

Just wanted to let you guys know I got my visa grant today. I only heard from case officer once asking for medicals and police checks. Once submitted I heard nothing back.

I left Aus for NZ this morning, and visa granted this evening. Excellent timing!

Thanks for all your help answering my questions. Much appreciated.

Best

Sosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.