Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum

My fiancee and her daughter have been recently granted a 600 class visitor visa with 3 month multiple entry condition. I have many questions.

We want to get married during the first 3 month visit to Australia and then at some stage during a later 3 month visit apply onshore for a partner visa.

The reason for the wait is the $7000 + $1700+ (for her daughter) fee for the visas. It will take at least 6-8 months or more to save that kind of money.

we love each other and want to spend as much time together as we possibly can before her permanent visa is applied for and approved.

As i need to remain in Australia so that i can work and save for the permanent visa, is a visitor visa the best way for us to be able to remain together in australia while i am saving for the permenent visa or is there another way ?

After i have applied for the onshore partner visa and pay the fee, it is my understanding that my partner (wife) will be granted a BVA visa allowing her to stay ?

Further complicating this, is the need to keep her daughter in school (she's 8) so this will probably mean that mother and daughter will need to have some periods of separation to allow her daughter to remain in school in the Philippines.

I guess the big question, is this the best way to do this where we can remain together while going through the process of obtaining the permenent visa ?

Are there any other ways ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Is the visitor visa subject to a no further stay clause?

Have you been together long enough to be eligable for the defacto visa?

If you apply onshore for an 820 then yes she will have an bva once her substansative visa expires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the visitor visa subject to a no further stay clause?

Have you been together long enough to be eligable for the defacto visa?

If you apply onshore for an 820 then yes she will have an bva once her substansative visa expires.
Hi,
we have been together for 6 months and no the visa does not have the 8503 no further stay clause.
thanks

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Not only is it an expensive process but it is far from simple.

You need to have evidence of your relationship in the 4 categories, this takes time.

You may also need extra permissions for the child to migrate.

Delay getting married until you know all your options and how the system works.

While it is out of date if you read the "Partner Migration Booklet" on the Immigration Dept website, you will get an idea.

There is a possible change coming that could require pre approval of the sponsor, this could impact your plan at anytime and even without notice.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum

My fiancee and her daughter have been recently granted a 600 class visitor visa with 3 month multiple entry condition. I have many questions.

We want to get married during the first 3 month visit to Australia and then at some stage during a later 3 month visit apply onshore for a partner visa.

The reason for the wait is the $7000 + $1700+ (for her daughter) fee for the visas. It will take at least 6-8 months or more to save that kind of money.

we love each other and want to spend as much time together as we possibly can before her permanent visa is applied for and approved.

As i need to remain in Australia so that i can work and save for the permanent visa, is a visitor visa the best way for us to be able to remain together in australia while i am saving for the permenent visa or is there another way ?

After i have applied for the onshore partner visa and pay the fee, it is my understanding that my partner (wife) will be granted a BVA visa allowing her to stay ?

Further complicating this, is the need to keep her daughter in school (she's 8) so this will probably mean that mother and daughter will need to have some periods of separation to allow her daughter to remain in school in the Philippines.

I guess the big question, is this the best way to do this where we can remain together while going through the process of obtaining the permenent visa ?

Are there any other ways ?

Thanks
DON'T GET MARRIED until you are fully aware of the what is required to successfully apply for a partner visa, I would suggest you explore a Prospective Marriage visa,which has less stringent requirements. A 6 month relationship, even with a marriage certificate is probably not enough.
As you seem not to be aware of the requirements it would be best that you invest in a preliminary appointment with one of the Registered Migration Agents on this forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
When you lodge the onshore application, both your wife and her daughter will be issued a BVA. If her daughter then spends a considerable amount of time outside Australia, she may need a BVB for the travel rights and if she doesn't return in time, the BVB would expire and she would need another visa in order ot re-enter Australia for the visa to be granted. So a consultation with a migration agent is a good idea to ensure you have considered all the aspects of your strategy.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Depending on where you live, you might not have to pay school fees in Australia, once you lodge a partner application.

Depending on the relationship of the child to the non-custodial parent, you might have an issue permanently removing the child from RP.

From the DOHA Procedures Advice Manual 3 (advice to delegates):

If 2 persons have been living together at the same address for 6 months or longer, that fact is to be taken to be strong evidence that the relationship is genuine and continuing, but a relationship of shorter duration is not to be taken not to be genuine and continuing only for that reason.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Very handy info mate!

From the DOHA Procedures Advice Manual 3 (advice to delegates):

If 2 persons have been living together at the same address for 6 months or longer, that fact is to be taken to be strong evidence that the relationship is genuine and continuing, but a relationship of shorter duration is not to be taken not to be genuine and continuing only for that reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.