Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there...I'm not from Melbourne myself, but I live close by and try to visit the city at least once a month. One place I always make sure to visit is Harbour Town. It's just a great place to shop - there's like 90 different stores if I remember correctly.

And if you want to visit a place where you can take great pictures, I'd definitely recommend is the 12 Apostles, located at Port Campbell National Park. I swear they're breathtaking and anyone you show the pictures to will be instantly jealous!

I hope this helped. You could also just try googling "best places to visit in Melbourne" and I'm sure you'd find a great list! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

There is much more place's in Melbourne for travel. I just gave you some Idea abut them. Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road, Yarra Valley. Have fun:)

Dhanny Sudan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Within Melbourne City you can see South Bank, Hosier Lane, Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, and you should visit the city's laneways. Outside the city, you can visit the Great Ocean Road, the Great Otway National Park, as well at Grampians National Park. In fact, you could road trip with a camper van and do both over the course of a week.

Try this Australia Travel Planner for some more ideas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would recommend the following places in and around Melbourne;
- Yarra Valley and Ranges
- Dandenong Ranges
- Mornington Peninsula (including the wineries and the hot springs)
- Philip Island & The Penguin Parade
- Queen Vic Markets
- Banksy Art Exib is currently still on.

These are just a few things the tip of the iceberg really!
I would also add to take a look at what sport is on when you visit ... we are a huge sporting city!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You don't really need to go outside the city and inner suburbs. I'd say explore the CBD, see all the nice shopping centres and try out a few places to eat. Then makre your way over to Chapel St in Windsor/Prahran and check out the nightlife, always fun and enjoyable with many great places to eat too. Brighton Beach is good for a quick stop by if you do not want to be driving out far to the Ranges or Yarra Valley.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Asianguyen.

I think you should consider these wonderful places. This is some of the places i have in mind right now.

Queen Victoria Market. Oh yes, nothing beats on trying local delicacies in other places. Plus, you can also buy souveinirs that are handmade arts and crafts.

12 Apostles at Great Ocean Road. The Twelve Apostles are giant rock stacks that rise majestically from the Southern Ocean and are the central feature of the rugged Port Campbell National Park.

Eureka Skydeck 88. Experience the lovely view of Melbourne from the highest viewing platform. And don't forget "The Edge". Face your fears.

Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.