Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
As you have a visa that expires soon and if you are intending to lodge onshore, you should be aware of a law change that has occurred and will affect the partner visa. It will require that the sponsor first be validated before a partner visa application can be lodged; which could take months (don't know for sure tbh, i've seen someone say it takes 6 months for sponsor to get validated currently, they could be wrong); thus preventing you from getting your bridging visa allowing you to remain onshore.

This doesn't seem to have taken affect yet on the immigration side, so if you feel you have some good evidence in each category you might want to consider no lifing the application for the next month so you can get a meaningful application in before the changes take effect. This might be bad advice, but i've read of some people lodging their application and then taking it easy for a couple weeks as they upload evidence, most people however seem to upload almost immediately, *maybe with christmas holidays coming*, now is the most likely time that they would be lacking in case officers.

If you miss the deadline and the change comes into effect before you can apply, or think you need more time to make a strong application, then maybe have some fallback plan in place.

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentar...slation/Bills_Search_Results/Result?bId=r5688

Also, is there anyway you can get more of the form 888? Two is just a minimum, if you lack photos with friends you could try to supplement that section with additional 888 from friends/family/colleagues. What about any work parties? The upcoming work christmas party, get some photos together then with work colleagues?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I made a will as well, it was signed very recently so not sure how they'll view it.

You seem to have some decent looking evidence in the Household/Commitment area. How late was the lease signed? Is the beginning/end date of the signed lease with your name on it still the same?

I think you have some means to tackle the finance section, you have highlighted statements and such. Where you both went out together to your favourite places and you took it in turns to pay or paid halves, I think you might as well add it in there as you're highlighting each statement anyway. Also I think every 3 months maybe is too far between, I would suggest to do the very boring task and have a statement for each month, but maybe just chose 1 page for each month where perhaps there are some transactions relating to the relationship. You could further strengthen this by having separate examples of financial "sharing"; evidence of all transfers to each other; if you both went away and one of you paid for an accommodation- include proof it covered both of you and proof of payment.

On the social aspect it seems like your weakest area.
  • I would suggest to include print screen of mutual friends and your relationship on Facebook (make it if you haven't already).
  • Do you have any cards from family/friends with both your names on it? Do you have any facebook invitation to events together?
  • Two form 888 isn't enough tbh, one from each parent, one or two friends from both sides- the aim of the 888 is to demonstrate "social recognition of your relationship amongst your peers", but you could also ask your parents to explicitly state that you both lived with them free of rent, that the utilities are in their name, that there was never the need for you to take out utilities in your names.
  • Seems you don't have many photos with friends but you do have with family so that's good! Would suggest to start getting some photos together now with some friends.
  • I don't think the colleagues being unaware of the relationship is too big a deal, it's just a bit of evidence covering the genesis of the relationship that's missing. But your family/friends can maybe add some weight there

Good luck! We just lodged ours recently. For us we lived with parents most of the time and are also lacking those joint utilities/joint bank account with decent duration/shared legal commitments. I read examples of how others have tackled it, highlighting the statements etc. seems it can work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.