Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I am a new member in this forum :)
My brother applied for a Visitor Subclass 600 visa to visit me here in Brisbane. He included his wife and his 4y.o son, and we were planning to have a family holiday. But his visa got refused twice!
Reasons are about him having access to a regular and stable income, and a lack of overseas travel. He had traveled to Europe for 3 months in 2008.
He has his employment statement from his employee, and also his child's school enrolment statement, returned tickets, itinerary and made provisions for some tourist accomodation in Noosa and Gold Coast over the course of our stay. The booking confirmations for these accomodation have been provided in support of this application.

This is the second visa application he has submitted in the last month - the most recent application attempting to provide supplementary sponsorship documentation to support his application and address what we stated as the reasons for the refusal of this visa application.

I have provided comprehensive sponsorship documentation and accompanying declarations that guarantee that all of my brother and his family's financial needs over the course of this visit will be covered and that he and his family would return to Indonesia within the specified timeframe of the visa. This visa application is simply a matter of our family looking to have a family holiday in Australia.

My question is: do you think it will worth to apply for a Family Sponsored Visa Stream? :-(

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I expect you did not give enough evidence of reasons to return by the visa expire date.

In the rejection letter/s they don't list every reason or concern.

Have a read of this:-
http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/159538-pam-3-old-out-date.html

You might want to consult a RMA, an application for a Sponsored visa might be seen the wrong way by DIBP.

P.S you should never pay for flights until visa is granted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ampk... We have provided a comprehensive supporting documents to addressed the refusal reasons. And I just don't know what else could we give to convince the officer regarding our genuine intention for a short family visit.
I think you're right...it is best to consult with an RMA.

I just thought if I apply from here as a Sponsored Family Stream and paying bond would make a different.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
May people on boats have paid $10,000 (USD) just to get to Australia.

We had 2 refusals and were told (over the phone) the only way we will get a Visitor Visa is to leave one of the kids behind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah yes! I have just had a brief consultation with an RMA yesterday and told exactly the same thing...to leave the child behind.
My brother only has one child (4 y.o) and the reason to visit here is to have a family holiday to celebrate our parents anniversary.

I have provided similar letters of sponsorship and support to my father and mother from Indonesia in the past and they have been furnished with visitor visa multiple entries for 4 years without any difficulties. I wonder why it is then that my brother's application - with similar intentions and levels of guarantees of support has been rejected...twice?! I guess he is in productive age that the Australian immigration concern he would live here illegally.

My parents and siblings are all living in Indonesia, but that is not enough evidence to satisfy the DIBP to grant his tourist visa.

Frustrated! Oh yes, I shouldn't purchased the air-tickets before the visa is granted. I was over confidence :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.