Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am about to lodge in my partner visa application when I heard that Assurance of Support is no longer applicable.

My partner is Australian and he has been unemployed for almost 5 years. He makes a living by being a poker player but as it is not a 'real job' he didn't have to pay tax (and did not want to). Originally we are planning on getting an assurance of support but now that we can't do that anymore, I don't know what to do.

He can show that he has money on his bank account and that it will be enough to support the both of us. His dad can also write a letter saying that he is willing to support us if needed.

We are renting a place together (both of us signed the lease) and can proof that we have been together for more than 2 years.

I am currently studying but also working part-time.

Does anybody have any advise/ tips? I'm freaking out a little here :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have read on these that people claiming Centrelink have been able to sponsor partners. As long as your partner can prove he is able to sponsor you financially and you have evidence I can't see it being a problem.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I've read of pensioners sponsoring partners so I'm sure your partner is also able to sponsor you.

DIAC looks at the big picture not just whether he has a job. If he has good employment history, education, support from family etc I can't see any big problems from not being employed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.