Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner is on a Visitor (class FA) Visitor Subclass 600 family sponsor stream she have multiple entry her visa expires on the 5th of July which is next week, She is 26 weeks pregnant I was wondering if she can extend her stay in Australia if possible?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Fillintheblank,
As a family stream visa holder, your partner must have a no further stay condition which was imposed on her current visa (condition 8503) it means she must apply to waive this condition before applying on shore for a further new visa.

a request for a waiver will probably be accepted only in situation which are beyond her control. Unfortunately according to the policy pregnancy is not one of these cases and I don't think you will have this condition waived.
But, if she is unfit to travel and it is unreasonable to expect her to leave until she is considered fit for travel, this might satisfy the requirements for a waiver under regulation and it can be a good reason to receive the waiver.
Once the condition is off she will be able to apply for another visa onshore.
If you need farther advice, you are welcome to contact me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
My partner didn't have the condition 8503 on her current visa all she have is no work?\

These are the condition
8101 - No work: The visa holder cannot work in Australia.
8201 - Maximum 3 Months Study: While in Australia, the holder must not engage, for more than three months, in any studies or training.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.