Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear,

I am an Indian and i had applied my tourist Visa which was rejected on 31st jul 2013 for reason :

Decision

As you do not meet one or more clauses in Schedule 2 of the Regulations, I find that you do
not meet the criteria for the grant of a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa.
Therefore, I refuse your application for a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa
lodged at New Delhi.

Please advice whether i can reapply the same if yes what additional documents we have to submit..

·
Registered
785 Posts
You can apply for any visa as often as you like if you meet the eligibility criteria. They will not turn you away from giving them money :cool:

You need to enquire as to what part of the criteria they refused you on. What you wrote didnt give me any indication of what that might be.

My fiancé was refused a tourist visa also but they have us much more info such as they didnt see he had ties to the country he was in so would be unlikely to have to return and therefore decided he was not a genuine visitor.

I'm sorry to say that I think DIAC will refuse visas for some nationals in all cases. DIAC sits outside of the discrimination laws of Australia by nature of what they do they often discriminate in making a decision. Bottom line is that they see some nationals as a "risk" to let into the country on a tourist visa because they can not be sure that they would leave.
This generally applies to high risk countries, non ETS where the situation in their country is one that would make Australia a desirable place to stay and breach visa conditions.
This is not my personal view but worth getting into the psychie of DIAC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reason Why the Visa is rejected

Assessing whether the applicant meets the genuine visitor requirement
In establishing whether this criterion is satisfied, relevant considerations may include, but are
not limited to:
• The personal circumstances of the applicant that would encourage them to return to their
home country at the end of the proposed visit
• The applicant's immigration history (for example, previous travel, compliance with
immigration laws of Australia or other countries, previous visa applications/compliance
action)
• The personal circumstances of the applicant in their home country that might encourage
them to remain in Australia (for example, military service commitments, economic situation,
civil disruption)
• Conditions that might encourage the applicant to remain in Australia
• The applicant's credibility in terms of character and conduct (for example, false and
misleading information provided with visa application)
• Whether the purpose and proposed duration of the applicant's visit and their proposed
activities in Australia are reasonable and consistent (for example, is the period of stay
consistent with "tourism")
• Information in statistical, intelligence and analysis reports on migration fraud and
immigration compliance compiled by the department about nationals from the applicant's
home country. Such information, including the Modified Non Return Rate (MNRR), which is
published quarterly on the department’s website, may assist officers in deciding whether
closer examination of an application is required.

Generally, offers of support or guarantees given by family and friends in Australia are not
sufficient evidence of a genuine visit. The onus is on the applicant to satisfy the decisionmaker that he or she intends to only visit Australia.
Regarding your personal circumstances, I have noted that you are claiming to be Class III
Civil Contractor. Your income tax return of the year 2013-14 shows low income.

Regarding your own finances, I have noted that you have provided your bank statement which
show recent deposits and the source of these funds are not clear. Hence I am unable to
ascertain your current financial status. Considering these circumstances, I find that your
current financial status do not constitute a strong incentive for you to leave Australia.
Whilst support of an Australian inviter is one factor taken into account in the department’s
assessment of Tourist Visa applications, the circumstances of the visa applicant and
supporting documentation are also considered.
The onus is on the applicant to provide sufficient information and demonstrate their need to
be in Australia for tourism purpose and have sufficient incentives to return to their home
country. Given your circumstances and information provided with the application, I am not
satisfied that your intention to visit Australia for tourism is genuine.
Decision
As you do not meet one or more clauses in Schedule 2 of the Regulations, I find that you do
not meet the criteria for the grant of a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) visa.
Therefore, I refuse your application for a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) v

Please advice wht has to be done..

·
Registered
785 Posts
Reason Why the Visa is rejected

Assessing whether the applicant meets the genuine visitor requirement
In establishing whether this criterion is satisfied, relevant considerations may include, but are
not limited to:
• The personal circumstances of the applicant that would encourage them to return to their
home country at the end of the proposed visit
• The applicant's immigration history (for example, previous travel, compliance with
immigration laws of Australia or other countries, previous visa applications/compliance
action)
• The personal circumstances of the applicant in their home country that might encourage
them to remain in Australia (for example, military service commitments, economic situation,
civil disruption)
• Conditions that might encourage the applicant to remain in Australia
• The applicant's credibility in terms of character and conduct (for example, false and
misleading information provided with visa application)
• Whether the purpose and proposed duration of the applicant's visit and their proposed
activities in Australia are reasonable and consistent (for example, is the period of stay
consistent with "tourism")
• Information in statistical, intelligence and analysis reports on migration fraud and
immigration compliance compiled by the department about nationals from the applicant's
home country. Such information, including the Modified Non Return Rate (MNRR), which is
published quarterly on the department's website, may assist officers in deciding whether
closer examination of an application is required.
…
Generally, offers of support or guarantees given by family and friends in Australia are not
sufficient evidence of a genuine visit. The onus is on the applicant to satisfy the decisionmaker that he or she intends to only visit Australia.
Regarding your personal circumstances, I have noted that you are claiming to be Class III
Civil Contractor. Your income tax return of the year 2013-14 shows low income.

Regarding your own finances, I have noted that you have provided your bank statement which
show recent deposits and the source of these funds are not clear. Hence I am unable to
ascertain your current financial status. Considering these circumstances, I find that your
current financial status do not constitute a strong incentive for you to leave Australia.
Whilst support of an Australian inviter is one factor taken into account in the department's
assessment of Tourist Visa applications, the circumstances of the visa applicant and
supporting documentation are also considered.
The onus is on the applicant to provide sufficient information and demonstrate their need to
be in Australia for tourism purpose and have sufficient incentives to return to their home
country. Given your circumstances and information provided with the application, I am not
satisfied that your intention to visit Australia for tourism is genuine.
Decision
Therefore, I refuse your application for a VISITOR (Class FA) VISITOR (Subclass 600) v

Please advice wht has to be done..
I think the best bet is to abandon the tourist visa route. They are basically telling you that you don't have enough finances to convince then that you would return home or a good enough paying job at home to ensure that you would return and that they suspect deposits into your account might have been staged for the purpose of the visa.

This is bias but as I said it is the way DIAC works for many applications from High Risk countries and I would assume that India is one of those.

What are your reasons for wanting to go to Australia? If you share that information I may be able to give some further guidance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.