Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm an Australian citizen and will soon be the sponsor of my partner for PMV.
As regards the National police check (for me as a sponsor) i visited the website of AFP https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks . I'm trying to understand if i need just the National Police Check or fingerprint check as well ??
I aready have a Working With Children Check. Can i use that one as well or is irrelevant?
Further more i have a police check from overseas that i took before i left the country (October 2017). By the time we will apply it will only have 7 months validity. I want to know if they first check the sponsor's documents for the sponsorship to be approved or that can happen anytime during the 11-15 months period of waiting?
Thank you in advance for your help

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You do need an AFP but you do not need to do the fingerprint one. A WWC will not suffice to replace the AFP. No one can tell you how long into applying that the sponsor will be approved but immigration will request a new police check if they require one when they get to the application.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more question: I realised that at the sponsor documents as regards police certificates it's written
"Sponsors must provide an Australian Police Certificate or proof (email confirmation or receipt) that they have applied for a National Police Check if the sponsor has spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia since turning 16." I have only been in Australia for 4 months now (+ 1,5 months when i came for holidays in 2012). Should i still provide them the AFP?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You may or may not be asked for it. You can take the wait and see approach if you like but you'll definitely need a police check for whatever country you do live in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.