Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guy I need an urgent help!

I have received this email from my CO and I am freaking out!

Can someone please help me!

"In the course of assessing your application for a partner visa, the Department has received unfavourable information which does not support your application.

The Department has received information which alleges that:
.... The Department has reviewed the content of the publicly available information where you describe your frustration with attempting to gain permanent residency in Australia and your determination to obtain it. This information may support the allegation against you."

What can I do?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Get professional help.

Looks like someone dobbed you in for something and that you may have been careless with some comments online somewhere, which the Department has gotten hold of.

They may be thinking that your relationship is not genuine and just a means to obtain PR.

Reactions: ampk

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I don't remember many names on here, but yours I did remember - for that it was a memorable post, is that what DIBP have?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
"In the course of assessing your application for a partner visa, the Department has received unfavourable information which does not support your application.

The Department has received information which alleges that:

The Department has reviewed the content of the publicly available information where you describe your frustration with attempting to gain permanent residency in Australia and your determination to obtain it. This information may support the allegation against you."

What can I do?
Wow. That is heavy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, it sounds like someone may have provided the Department with a "tip-off". You'll need to provide a thorough and convincing submission to the Department. A good starting point would be finding where you posted that comment publicly and some providing context re why you made the comment.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: lisa[email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Get help from a RMA! It sounds like someone has dobbed you in for not being in a genuine relationship.

You will need more evidence to show you are in a genuine relationship and not just trying to gain PR.

Sounds like they have investigated you online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.