Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In my wife's application for visa 309/100, there is a question about "Nature of commitment". The guidelines said

Give details of the nature of the commitment between the sponsor and the applicant. Evidence of mutual commitment of the couple include:

• knowledge of each other's personal circumstances (e.g. background and family situation which could be established at interview)
  • intention that the relationship will be long-term (e.g. the extent to which the couple have combined their affairs)
  • the terms of wills
  • correspondence and itemised phone accounts to show that contact was maintained during any period of separation.
For the first item, we know how to answer it, as we understand our families very well. But for other items, we don't know how to answer. I mean what does "intention that the relationship will be long-term" mean? What should my wife input for that? Same to "correspondence and itemised phone accounts to show that contact was maintained during any period of separation." and "the terms of wills". Please advise us what should we do. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Those are just examples of evidences, you don't have to have just those specifically and they're more examples of what evidences you could provide to prove this section. The statement portion is just something simple in your own words. I think for nature of commitment we wrote about our current situation and future plans.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi all,

In my wife's application for visa 309/100, there is a question about "Nature of commitment". The guidelines said

For the first item, we know how to answer it, as we understand our families very well. But for other items, we don't know how to answer. I mean what does "intention that the relationship will be long-term" mean? What should my wife input for that? Same to "correspondence and itemised phone accounts to show that contact was maintained during any period of separation." and "the terms of wills". Please advise us what should we do. Thanks.
"Intention that the relationship will be long-term"

Have you discussed what your future together will be? Perhaps planned to buy a house, have children? As you are already married you have already made a major committment so you can state that for a start.

"Contact made during periods of separation"

If you haven't been apart then that is easy but if you been separated you need to show that you maintained contact. Phone calls, FaceBook, Skype transcripts etc.

"Terms of wills"

You need to each write a will showing the other as beneficiary. You can buy a will pack from Australia Post or use an online template to print and complete then get them witnessed.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just to add:

Regarding wills - we used "Legal Zebra" - it is all done online and was $17 for each will from memory. Just in case you are looking for something quick and easy.

We also provided binding death beneficiary evidence for each of our Superannuation (retirement fund) accounts.

Regarding evidence to show a shared intention that the r/s be long-term - in addition to writing about our plans regarding housing and children as others mentioned, we also spoke about our plans career and family carer wise (e.g. our willingness as a couple to relocate across Australia and/or the world where our respective families are if/when needed).

From the Migration Regulations, my understanding is the duration of the relationship and the length of time living together (I saw a document floating around online that said if it is 6 months or longer of living together, that is to be given high weightage) will also be considered. MIGRATION REGULATIONS 1994 - REG 1.15A Spouse

Reactions: Wysiwyg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mates for your response.

Regarding to "Contact made during periods of separation", when we were dating, there were times we were separated, often around 3-4 days each, as our houses are located in 2 distanced districts. Most of the times she stayed at my house. Also from the time when we were engaged and our wedding, we didn't see each other often, as we were busy to help our parents to prepare for our wedding according to the Vietnamese traditional culture. We contacted primarily via phone calls and SMS messages. We did use Facebook but not much. So do we need to provide our SMS messages as evidences? If so, do we have to get them translated into English? Same to our Facebook messages? They are in Vietnamese.

Regarding to "Terms of wills", since we apply online from Vietnam, what should we do? Which form should we fill for this section?

·
Registered
140 Posts
"Terms of wills"

You need to each write a will showing the other as beneficiary. You can buy a will pack from Australia Post or use an online template to print and complete then get them witnessed.

Hope this helps
I choose not to have a Will at this stage of life. It should not be an obligatory inclusion as a Will is not mandatory for any Australian to have. My preference on that one.

Oh. On second thought my preference means nought and could delay processing. Okay, will consider Will.

·
Registered
198 Posts
So do we need to provide our SMS messages as evidences? If so, do we have to get them translated into English? Same to our Facebook messages? They are in Vietnamese.

Regarding to "Terms of wills", since we apply online from Vietnam, what should we do? Which form should we fill for this section?
Perhasp someone else could comment about translating SMS & FB messages. I don't think you need to do that as long as it's clear with dates and to and from each other at times of separation.

Ther are no forms to supply a will on the applciation forms. No, it's not compulsory, but it's a good indication that you are committed to each other. Here you can find a free template to print off, fill in, scan and attach as a .pdf with your application.

https://www.lawdepot.com/contracts/last-will-and-testament-au/?loc=AU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.