Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

nature of commitment

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Star Hunter 
#1 ·
hey guys im having some problems with this section; any suggestions for evidence? we do not have a will together...............

#2 ·
hello and welcome. Here are some things that you could include

joint ownership of real estate or other major assets
any joint liabilities
the extent of pooling of financial resources
basis of shared day-to-day household expenses
Beneficiaries to each other's super annuation accounts
subsidiary holder to your partner's credit card

Hope my suggestions could be of help to you. :)

#3 ·
Actually to clarify for my application i had included a word document and in the word document i actually did a table showing the percentage of household that each of us pay. for instance we both pay 50% the rent. my partner pays 40% of the groceries while i pay the other 60% etc. And wrote a statement explaining we had recorded each other as beneficiaries to each other's super annuation account, i had also included my partner as a subsidiary holder to my credit card and i attached a letter from the bank acknowledging that and included bank statements highlighting household expenses that we paid using that credit card

My partner and i are both still pretty young thus we do not really have any joint assets however i did include a little paragraph explaining that we do wish to buy a home together in near future and are currently saving up for it. And if you have a joint bank account where the both of you regularly deposit money into thsi can be the evidence to support that. Good luck!

#4 ·
Is there any reason you can't get a will? You can do them cheaply and easily online now :)

Were you apart for any length of time? If so, include things like evidence of phone calls, messages, cards and gifts you sent each other etc.

I would write a signed statement outlining your future plans together - with short and long term goals outlined.

Are their special ways you have supported each other? Finanancially or emotionally? Does one of you drive the other one to work or Uni etc? You could mention that in your statement.

I would personally see about getting a will filled out. You can also consider something like funeral insurance or life insurance listing each other as beneficiaries if you don't wish to get the wills.

Reactions: CollegeGirl
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.