Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am on a students visa. I've started filling out the 47sp for a partner visa, should I submit now to get a bridging visa asap so I can stop doing college. Or should I hold off submitting until I have every bit of information on the massive checklist.

· Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Unfortunately getting your bridging visa doesn't mean you can stop studying. It won't activate until your student visa expires. So you're bound by the terms of your student visa (regarding studying & work limitations) until either your partner visa is granted (which takes over a year for most people at present) or until your student visa expires and your bridging visa then activates, whichever comes first.

· Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Hi, I am on a students visa. I've started filling out the 47sp for a partner visa, should I submit now to get a bridging visa asap so I can stop doing college. Or should I hold off submitting until I have every bit of information on the massive checklist.
You should not submit the application until you have all the essential supporting documentation.

Until your student visa ceases, you will have to continue meeting the visa conditions.

· Registered
6,928 Posts
It seems you have misunderstood how your Student Visa and a potential Partner Visa's Bridging Visa works.

Can I suggest that you contact a Registered Migration Agent for assistance with your Partner Visa and your other immigration matters.

I hate to see $7,000 donated to DIBP.

· Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Not sure why you're creating another thread to a question that you've already had an answer to.

Asking again doesn't change the response.
Unfortunately, many people keep asking and shopping around until someone tells them what they want to hear, often with disastrous consequences...

Reactions: Skybluebrewer
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.