Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to whoever reads this! My partner and I were looking to apply for the De-Facto Partner visa from outside of Australia. We were worried we don't have enough evidence to be able to apply for the visa and to get it approved, so if anyone out there could read this and give us some advice, that would be super helpful!

Here's a little description of our relationship:

I'm an Australian citizen and my partner is Singaporean.
I currently live in Melbourne but my partner had to go back to Singapore after his graduate visa expired in May 2019. He was in Australia for around 4 years, under a student visa and then the temporary graduate visa.

We have been together for a little over a year (since July 2018), and we have registered our relationship in Victorian Births, Deaths & Marriages, still waiting for approval and the certificate. We have introduced each other to our respective families.

We pretty much lived together for the last 6 months of his stay in Australia, but my name was never on any bills or on the lease, only my partner's - he said it was okay that I did not contribute to the rent, bills, or groceries because I didn't stay there every night.

We only recently opened a joint bank account together and started paying for Netflix, Spotify, and Crunchyroll; we don't have anything else that we pay for together.

Evidence we can supply:
  • Phone call logs, we've talked over WhatsApp every night since he left
  • Photos of us together with friends and family
  • 2 Wedding invitations from both our sister's weddings with both our names on it
  • Relationship Certificate (after it gets approved)
  • Bank statements showing our shared account
  • Statement from our friend who lived in the apartment with us in Melbourne (he was on the lease with my partner, hopefully, he acts as our proof of living together?)
  • Statements from other friends/family
  • Flights to Singapore and back that I paid for
  • Flight to Australia and back that are under my partner's name but I gave him the money for those tickets
  • 2 Airbnb stays with both our names on it
  • Future confirmed holidays and Airbnb stay

What we don't think we have:
  • Enough financial evidence:
  • Enough household evidence: we did live together but I'm not sure if our friend's statement is enough proof. If it is we could write a quick statement about who did what chores.

We want to know if we have enough grounds to apply and be eligible for a De-Facto Partner visa. And what other evidence do you think we could supply that could support our application, that we haven't already mentioned we are supplying? :) Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi,

Thanks the information.

Guess you have missed the opportunity to apply for onshore partner visa (801/820).

Do you have group pics with friends/families? It would be helpful in your application.

Suggest consolidating all the documents to prepare for 309/100 application. Use the check-list provided.

Hope this points are helpful.

Cheers

Hey to whoever reads this! My partner and I were looking to apply for the De-Facto Partner visa from outside of Australia. We were worried we don't have enough evidence to be able to apply for the visa and to get it approved, so if anyone out there could read this and give us some advice, that would be super helpful!

Here's a little description of our relationship:

I'm an Australian citizen and my partner is Singaporean.
I currently live in Melbourne but my partner had to go back to Singapore after his graduate visa expired in May 2019. He was in Australia for around 4 years, under a student visa and then the temporary graduate visa.

We have been together for a little over a year (since July 2018), and we have registered our relationship in Victorian Births, Deaths & Marriages, still waiting for approval and the certificate. We have introduced each other to our respective families.

We pretty much lived together for the last 6 months of his stay in Australia, but my name was never on any bills or on the lease, only my partner's - he said it was okay that I did not contribute to the rent, bills, or groceries because I didn't stay there every night.

We only recently opened a joint bank account together and started paying for Netflix, Spotify, and Crunchyroll; we don't have anything else that we pay for together.

Evidence we can supply:
  • Phone call logs, we've talked over WhatsApp every night since he left
  • Photos of us together with friends and family
  • 2 Wedding invitations from both our sister's weddings with both our names on it
  • Relationship Certificate (after it gets approved)
  • Bank statements showing our shared account
  • Statement from our friend who lived in the apartment with us in Melbourne (he was on the lease with my partner, hopefully, he acts as our proof of living together?)
  • Statements from other friends/family
  • Flights to Singapore and back that I paid for
  • Flight to Australia and back that are under my partner's name but I gave him the money for those tickets
  • 2 Airbnb stays with both our names on it
  • Future confirmed holidays and Airbnb stay

What we don't think we have:
  • Enough financial evidence:
  • Enough household evidence: we did live together but I'm not sure if our friend's statement is enough proof. If it is we could write a quick statement about who did what chores.

We want to know if we have enough grounds to apply and be eligible for a De-Facto Partner visa. And what other evidence do you think we could supply that could support our application, that we haven't already mentioned we are supplying? :) Thank you so much in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.