Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am Indian Citizen living in US and working as Project Manager for IT Company. I would like to apply for PR for Australia from here. Can anybody please give me some pointers to me to start the process?

Also, do anybody knows any good attorney in US who can help me in Australia immigration?

Thanks for your help.
Sachin

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Not all attorneys are necessarily familiar with immigration regulations of various countries and so if you want assistance you should look for an Immigration Agent and you could even use one in Australia, preferably a registered one.
Before you go to that step, you ought to familiarise yourself with regulations and you could start @ Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration and be committed enough to read all the applicable sections and links including what is applicable on the What's New link on that page.
For skilled immigration, it is based on having an occupational assessment so have a look at the SOL #3 or #4 and then ACS (Australian Computer Society) - Membership, Professionalism and Leadership for ICT Professionals and the ICT Community is probably where you need to look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I started communicating with one of the registered immigration agent. Can you please let me know following :-

1. What is the expected timeline in general (I know every case is different and can have different timeline) to get a PR from date of application?

2. If I get a PR do I need to move Australia immediately or I can wait? Do my PR expire if I don't move to Australia within some period?

Thanks, Sachin

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Apart from individual cases variation, timeline will vary depending on preparation, the occupational assessment, police checks, including FBI check in the US and the particular visa you apply for, whether individually independent or through an SMP for which state sponsorship needs to be applied for which for it occupations could be the case, so you could be looking in total at somewhere around 12 -18 months or longer.

Before you go too far with an agent and pay money needlessly, you ought to read up on at least the SOL and then getting an occupational assessment.
When a visa is granted, it will have an enter by date for validation and if you do not to that, the visa will be cancelled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.