Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
please need an urgent advice

I am on the process of 309/100 including my daughter
I have applied for a visitor visa 600 with my daughter My visa granted today but for my daughter's they sent me an email saying they couldn't get hold of her dad, I called his mom got to know that he is locked up in the jail for civil case , I attached a letter explaining the situation mentioning her dad's mom's and uncle's telephone numbers and ID copies and explaining everything, will this letter work ?

Also do i have to inform this situation to the case office who is handling my 309/100?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
For your daughter to travel to Australia her father must give written permission on form 1229 or other official document or you must have sole custody rights from a court.

This is for both the Visitor Visa and the 309 Partner Visa applications - they are very strict on children's travel.

The child's father parents, can not substitute the father for signing these forms.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For your daughter to travel to Australia her father must give written permission on form 1229 or other official document or you must have sole custody rights from a court.

This is for both the Visitor Visa and the 309 Partner Visa applications - they are very strict on children's travel.

The child's father parents, can not substitute the father for signing these forms.
thanks for the reply

yes I have the sole custody from the court ( 100 percent physically and legal custody )
she is a srilankan citizen father a Chinese citizen, He has signed for 1229 form as well as given letters for visitor visa as well as 309/100 visa .
They just called him YESTERDAY , his phone was switched off because he has been locked up,
I have submitted a letter as well as his brother, mother explaing the situation why he couldn't answer his phone .
can anyone give me more advices please

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need an advice

I am on the process of 309/100 with my daughter ,
I have applied for a visitor visa with my daughter on 15th April. My visitor visa granted on the 27th April and the department sent me an email that his father's phone number is out of order, provide the new contact no.

I am divorced since 2013, and I have sole custody of my daughter , I have provided the consent letter from the father I couldn't attached 1229 form ,
after they sent me an email I contacted child's father unfortunately he has been locked up for some civil court case . Then I attached and sent an email to the case officer a letter from my self and his brother explaining the situation also the form 1229 plus an evidence letter that he is in Jail.
It has been a week I didn't get a reply .

I am planing to fly on the 20th ,I am frustrating , is it usual to be delayed ?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You say you have 100% sole custody. Did you upload the court order stating so?

It's hard to say yes or no to it being usual. Immigration does not usually respond immediately so it may be usual to not hear back straight away.

You can try calling to see if they received the emailed documents but calling doesn't usually solve anything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You say you have 100% sole custody. Did you upload the court order stating so?

It's hard to say yes or no to it being usual. Immigration does not usually respond immediately so it may be usual to not hear back straight away.

You can try calling to see if they received the emailed documents but calling doesn't usually solve anything.
Thanks for replying me
yes I did uploaded the custody papers - my divorce and custody is together it says mother has physical and legal custody of the child.
yes i tried to call many times but its just the automatic recordings.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Thanks for replying me
yes I did uploaded the custody papers - my divorce and custody is together it says mother has physical and legal custody of the child.
yes i tried to call many times but its just the automatic recordings.
Does it exclude the father of any rights?

Some countries call it different things but it deprives the father of any rights to the child.

I have sole custody of my children, but I can not move them to another country without the agreement of their mother, as she is still allowed to visit them and see them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hope this helps

This is a direct quote from the Home Affairs website.

"From 14 May 2018 a new Global Service Centre will be available to answer queries from our overseas clients.

If you have been unable to find the answer to your query online or using our webform, overseas clients can contact the Global Service Centre by phone Monday - Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (your overseas local time) on +61 2 61960196."

I know you stated your flights are booked for the 20th, but if you have not heard back from immigration by the 14th, I would call this new international line 9am your local time on the 14th of May.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

Some countries call it different things but it deprives the father of any rights to the child.

I have sole custody of my children, but I can not move them to another country without the agreement of their mother, as she is still allowed to visit them and see them.
This. Where I'm from, court orders often limited the parent to living within a certain distance of the county that issued it.

I'm curious now if they called my child's biological father and confirmed anything. I have the right to live anywhere with the child but got the F1229 done just in case as I didn't want any hiccups with immigration and their own interpretation of my state's laws (which vary greatly between states in the US).

OP, did you get the father's signature certified and upload a copy of his passport as well? There's no place on the Form 1229 for a certified witness to say that the person signing the form is the actual person, but I had him sign in front of a notary in the US and had them stamp below his signature certifying that they checked his legal identity documents and witnessed him signing the form. Again, I was leaving no stone unturned.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

"From 14 May 2018 a new Global Service Centre will be available to answer queries from our overseas clients.

If you have been unable to find the answer to your query online or using our webform, overseas clients can contact the Global Service Centre by phone Monday - Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (your overseas local time) on +61 2 61960196."

I know you stated your flights are booked for the 20th, but if you have not heard back from immigration by the 14th, I would call this new international line 9am your local time on the 14th of May.
Thank you very much I really appreciate it , I will wait until 14th ,

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

there is no any sentence for the father, even no sentence to allowing him to visit the child, ( I guess that's because he had a bad character,) it just says legal and physical custody given to the mother. father is a chinese citizen , my daughter born in srilanka she holds a sri lankan passport .we married and divorced in sri lanka

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This. Where I'm from, court orders often limited the parent to living within a certain distance of the county that issued it.

I'm curious now if they called my child's biological father and confirmed anything. I have the right to live anywhere with the child but got the F1229 done just in case as I didn't want any hiccups with immigration and their own interpretation of my state's laws (which vary greatly between states in the US).

OP, did you get the father's signature certified and upload a copy of his passport as well? There's no place on the Form 1229 for a certified witness to say that the person signing the form is the actual person, but I had him sign in front of a notary in the US and had them stamp below his signature certifying that they checked his legal identity documents and witnessed him signing the form. Again, I was leaving no stone unturned.
I have attached the passport copies with his signature, but they are not certified , even for my 309/100 I have attached the same copies , now its impossible to do because he is in prison ,

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
We had many dramas in this area, a father that would agree then would not agree and signatures that were slightly different. We had both form 1229 and the local country authority that is certified by a elected government official.

We had about 15 signatures for agreements for the kids to travel and migrate.

One night I even rang a debt collection agency in his country when he changed his mind to sign again to obtain child support if he did not want to sign.

In broken English it seems that they were offering to do a hit! I quickly hung up - anyone need the number?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
For my daughters visa - Basically I have only these documents to provide,
custody papers - I am the sole custody holder
1229 form
consent letter from the father
father's ID and passport copies
Evidence of imprisonment- A letter from the police station
certified letter from me explaining the situation
I will wait until 14th may and see what is the outcome and update you guys , cheers for your answers

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I got an update ,
My daughters visitor visa was processing in shanghai, But I got a call from Australian embassy Beijing asking about my custody , as I mentioned before divorced and custody together , she is asking me where is the original custody papers, ( In sri lanka original marriage divorce birth death are in sihalese language translations has been certified from the foreign ministry in sri lanaka)she asking why its translated I had to explain everything she put me on hold to get one of her team leaders to confirm what I was telling her, they are certified copied from foreign ministry because original Sinhalese copy you wont understand . I guess team leader understood my point .
Why they change Shanghai Australian embassy to Beijing Australian office ?

then again she called me after 20 minutes asked why did i submit 1229 and consent letter if i have full custody ? I was shocked for her question
I said I have attached it for 309/100 I thought I need to attach it for visitor visa as well .
Asked lots of questions about daughter's father been in jail Like when, how did i sign the papers etc, daughter's father's things I am not really clear and sure I was divorced in 2013 he is married now , I don't don't know any of his things in details , basically I don't care , I am not sure I answered correctly for questions

She said she will get back to me if there is any further questions
But I didn't get any email today , stressing again

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Take a deep breath.

Now you can just wait to hear back - nothing else but wait.

They seem to understand you have full custody and that is good. They just need to deal with prior processing misunderstanding.

I think/hope.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
was thinking I will get an email yesterday or today , nothing yet , Monday the officer called me totally its 27 days for today- for my daughters visitor visa .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

My husband called this number +61 2 61960196 on friday , They cannot see the statues or give any information of my daughters application , the officer has given a website for more information, as well as china contact nos - consulate and vfs office which i already got and not accessible other than a automatic recording,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.