Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My fiance and i are planing to move to Australia.My fiance is the sponsor.We both live in Turkey.She was born in Australia.We have 3 years relationship.We study at the same university in the same class.We wanted to ask a few questions and we would be very happy if you could help us and thank you from now.

We are planing on moving to Australia on the 10th of feb 2019.What kind of evidence do we need to prove our relationship is real?When we get married in Australia would we have to have a big wedding?What kind of details should we point out in our statement of how we met?Also how many people should we get to write a statement about our relationship and would it be better if we got our teachers to write a statement too?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
My fiance and i are planing to move to Australia.My fiance is the sponsor.We both live in Turkey.She was born in Australia.We have 3 years relationship.We study at the same university in the same class.We wanted to ask a few questions and we would be very happy if you could help us and thank you from now.

We are planing on moving to Australia on the 10th of feb.What kind of evidence do we need to prove our relationship is real?When we get married in Australia would we have to have a big wedding?What kind of details should we point out in our statement of how we met?Also how many people should we get to write a statement about our relationship and would it be better if we got our teachers to write a statement too?

Thank you.
First of all, you cannot apply for a prospective marriage visa in Australia, you have to apply while you're in Turkey. Processing can take up to 12 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all, you cannot apply for a prospective marriage visa in Australia, you have to apply while you're in Turkey. Processing can take up to 12 months.
We are going to apply from Turkey.Is there anything else we need to know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What visa do you intend to have to move to Australia on 10th February or do you have a visa for that?
We are going to apply for the prospective marriage visa.While applying for the visa it asked us for a date we intend on getting married and we wrote 15th of feb.That is why if it is granted we intend on going on the 10th of feb.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You need a Nomination of Intended Marriage. The date can be set any time in the future, within reason. Your visa is unlikely to be granted by February, as it may take up to a year. I think you need to get yourself some professional advice, so you have a proper idea of what’s involved. It’s quite a complicated process and $ 7000.00 is a lot of money to waste, if you get it wrong.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Immigration will not speed up your application based on your intended marriage date. Often people will apply and watch that date pass them by, and when a CO gets around to looking at the app, they'll ask for a new NOIM with a new date as one in the past is no longer valid.

In the partner visa process to Australia, you learn to live within DIBP time...

It's probably worth a consult with an Australian based RMA. One has commented on this thread. You may have other better options for you availablr that you are unaware of.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The comment from the RMA that your visa is unlikely to be processed by 15 Feb, is a very kind comment.

With 99.9% probability it will not be granted by then even if you had applied today.

You probably need to chat to a good Australian based RMA to get a few realistic options.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Do you live together in Turkey or at separate places?

As others have said it is highly unlikely that a visa would be processed by 10 February ... unless you were extremely lucky and in the case I would then go and buy a lotto ticket. I know 2 people that applied in Turkey and from memory they were both around 6 months but that was in 2014 and 2015 when processing times were faster.

It doesn't matter what kind of wedding you have, you can get married at the registry office. As long as you get married that is all immigration care about.

When my husband applied for a PMV we had to change the intended marriage date twice during the processing time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you live together in Turkey or at separate places?

As others have said it is highly unlikely that a visa would be processed by 10 February ... unless you were extremely lucky and in the case I would then go and buy a lotto ticket. I know 2 people that applied in Turkey and from memory they were both around 6 months but that was in 2014 and 2015 when processing times were faster.

It doesn't matter what kind of wedding you have, you can get married at the registry office. As long as you get married that is all immigration care about.

When my husband applied for a PMV we had to change the intended marriage date twice during the processing time.
We live in the same country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But do yoi live together? Ie. In the same house/apartment in the same room?
Because of our Turkish culture you are not allowed to live together untill you are married.We live in seperate houses bu we are in the same city.We see eachother everyday.De facto is not suitable for us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.