Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mark.

I have submitted EOI for 189 visa in Engineering Technologist group at 75 points.

My confusion is in the work experience calculation.
I worked in company-1 from 1st July 2010 to 31st March 2014. I worked in company-2 from 7th April 2014 to 30th June 2018. So by calculation it is 7 days short from 8 years. Skill select was also showing 70 points in total while I was submitting EOI.

At the time of leaving company-2 I had 37 leaves in my leave balance account so company paid me for those leaves (leave encashment in full and final settlement)

As paid leaves can be counted as work experience, I added 37 days and selected 6th August as my last date with employer-2.

Can you suggest if I made it correctly.

Regards.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Unless your 2nd employer will confirm you were employed by them until August 6th, I think you will find yourself facing a visa refusal for providing incorrect information.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have you bothered with having your skills assessed and calculated by the proper authority? If so then you'd know what you should calculate for time worked and points "earned" for your EOI.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
There is no 'proper authority'. The work experience opinions of skills assessing bodies are just that and are not binding on immigration case officers. It does not hurt to have such an opinion, but it is not enough, as some have found out to their dismay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you bothered with having your skills assessed and calculated by the proper authority? If so then you'd know what you should calculate for time worked and points "earned" for your EOI.
EA assessed my skills and given positive outcome for work experience from July 2010 to June 2018. They do not mention dates but only mention month and year.
Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.