Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are married and I have already submitted my application for the 820 Partner visa in February 2018.
We got married in December 2017.

I last entered Australia on an ETA on January 23rd 2018, technically meaning that the 90 days on my ETA expires on April 23rd.
Which means my Bridging Visa A is supposed to be in effect after April 23rd 2018.

I actually had plans to travel end March 2018 and to come back first week of April 2018.
But correct me if i am wrong, I found out that 90 days on my ETA would be restarted when i get back into Australia on the first week of April.
Which also means my Bridging Visa A would only come in effect after the first week of July. Further delaying my Bridging Visa A and working rights.

Now my question is, I had applied for a Bridging Visa B when i had initially planned to travel as i was afraid Id had trouble re-entering Australia but now learning that my ETA would be extended I am foregoing this trip and NOT going to travel after all.

Do i cancel my Bridging Visa B that i have applied for?
If yes, how?
If yes, do i become an unlawful citizen?

If i do NOT cancel my Bridging Visa B, and dont travel, does everything become normal after my intended days of travel is over?
Meaning does my Bridging Visa A and working rights come into effect after April 23rd as how it had always supposed to be?

Please help! Confused! :confused:
Thank you all..

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
The BVB would have replaced the BVA and will come into effect when the ETA ceases (that's if you wait out the 90 day period). You will then have full work rights and the BVB remains in effect, regardless if you travel or not. If you want to travel after the travel facility on your BVB expires, you need to apply for a new BVB first.So in the meantime, you don't need to do anything, except stay put.

Reactions: Cathy48

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes confused!

If you travel before your 3 month stay is exceeded, your ETA will be reset as your Bridging Visa A will not be required yet - so the BVB is irrelevant.

Best if possible overstay the ETA, then you are on the BVA and things are simple to know and explain.

If not pay some $'s and get advise from a good RMA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies CCMS & ampk!

Just to clarify, now i decide to stay here in Australia for that 3 months till April 23rd.
After April 23rd, am i going to be on BVA or BVB?

Because I have heard from some people that after that 3 months Id be on BVB.

What does that mean? Being on BVB.

BVA we know is full working rights.

Thank you! :confused:

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You will be on a BVA with full work rights, but no travel rights.

If you wish to travel overseas you will need to apply for a BVB before you leave and have it granted.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank you for your replies CCMS & ampk!

Just to clarify, now i decide to stay here in Australia for that 3 months till April 23rd.
After April 23rd, am i going to be on BVA or BVB?

Because I have heard from some people that after that 3 months Id be on BVB.

What does that mean? Being on BVB.

BVA we know is full working rights.

Thank you! :confused:
You'll be on a BVA, unless you have applied for a BVB. A BVB is basically a BVA with travel rights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there everyone,

I have a question.

When I submitted my application online as applicant I entered two names in for my witnesses.

But now I have decided to have two more witnesses to fill in the Form 888 for me. Which is a total of 4 witnesses.

How do I update the two new names on my initial application?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there,

Can I find out what it means when they say Bridging Visa A keeps you lawful for exactly 28 days?

What happens after the 28 days?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi there,

Can I find out what it means when they say Bridging Visa A keeps you lawful for exactly 28 days?

What happens after the 28 days?
You'll become unlawful, unless you lodge an appeal or apply for another visa within that time frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for your reply CCMS

My eta is Going to end on Monday Apr 23rd.

My bridging visa A I believe should just kick in automatically?

Has anyone ever had issues with their bridging visa A kicking in? Or has anyone ever been refused a Bridging visa A?

What if I have certain documents not attached yet, for example my form 888s. Do these affect my Bridging Visa A kicking in?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.