Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The best thing you can do is to never do that again. The Immigration Department check everything. The integrity of an application is critical for all applications for Australian Visas. If you tell Immigration what happened, then your visa will be refused on PIC 4020 .. you gave them a bogus document. The same goes if you don't tell them. I think it is best to go home and try and come back in three years.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I would withdraw the application and leave. Things like this undermine the integrity of the whole system and make it so much harder for those who do the right thing. The second WHV scam is an old one and the Department is onto it. Anyone who gets involved with this is a fool.

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Why? Why not just fulfill the WHV?
That's what baffles me too. I did a lot of farm work back in the day and it was a fantastic experience. Three months on a farm isn't that hard and it will teach you a lot about life in the "real" Australia outside the capital cities. Some Irish backpackers started the scam with fake farm work papers some years ago and even advertised it openly on Gumtree, until the Department got wind of it and started cancelling and refusing hundreds of visas. Quite often taking a short cut will result in a dead end instead.

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's what baffles me too. I did a lot of farm work back in the day and it was a fantastic experience. Three months on a farm isn't that hard and it will teach you a lot about life in the "real" Australia outside the capital cities. Some Irish backpackers started the scam with fake farm work papers some years ago and even advertised it openly on Gumtree, until the Department got wind of it and started cancelling and refusing hundreds of visas. Quite often taking a short cut will result in a dead end instead.
Yeah, that's totally right. OP would get to see a lot more of the real Australia, the country that he was so desperate to stay in that he willingly defrauded the Australian DIBP. Too bad.

Nothing in life comes without hard work, it's sad that people will do whatever they can to circumvent a little hard work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.