Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone!
So me and my fiance got engaged three weeks ago here in the States (I live in the US and He's from Australia) and in over the moon that we're engaged!
Now, he leaves in a week, he'll go back to work to save up for half of the Visa, I'm paying the other half. So in about two months we'll be applying for our fiance visa. My question for anyone who knows or has any advice is, when we apply will all they need is the application and money to start it? Or do we also have to put in our evidence? Or is that something we wait for by the case officer?
Thanks to anyone who responds!

P.S. anyone who is currently or was in the states going through this process. If you have any advice, I'm ALL EARS 馃榿

Registered
All evidence should be uploaded swiftly after payment and applying. Technically they can open your file any time, and if there is no supporting evidence, they can make a decision and refuse without asking for further information.

Police checks and medicals are the only exception, as these have a 12 month expiry date, so it is recommended to wait until being requested for them as you may have to do them again if your application takes over a year.

Check the home affairs website for what they require in terms of evidence, but if you are not familiar with the process at all, it may pay to consult a registered migration agent. All the ones who post on this forum (I believe there is a sticky with their information) are highly recommended and post here frequently.

Registered
Hi to everyone!
So me and my fiance got engaged three weeks ago here in the States (I live in the US and He's from Australia) and in over the moon that we're engaged!
Now, he leaves in a week, he'll go back to work to save up for half of the Visa, I'm paying the other half. So in about two months we'll be applying for our fiance visa. My question for anyone who knows or has any advice is, when we apply will all they need is the application and money to start it? Or do we also have to put in our evidence? Or is that something we wait for by the case officer?
Thanks to anyone who responds!

P.S. anyone who is currently or was in the states going through this process. If you have any advice, I'm ALL EARS 😁
You can start the application in immi at any time and save as you go. You cannot submit the app until it's completed and you pay the fee. Once the fee is paid, the upload section is available to add supporting evidence and the sponsor can also complete their online app.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for responding!
It helps so much knowing this information. my fiance has found a solicitor in Australia, so once he goes back he's going to go see her and she's going to helps us every step of the way. I'm very excited. Is there any other advice that you have when it comes to applying?

Registered
Depending on the matter,RMAs hold records (in no particular order) of:

birth certificates, passports, marriages, divorces, de facto relationships, adoptions, court orders, bank balances, financial statements, police records, medical reports, employment certifications, business activities, addresses (email and residential), telephone numbers, ID photographs, travel and immigration history, social media postings, academic testamurs and transcripts and so on.

Can they be trusted?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skybluebrewer: can we both use the same account or does he need to create his own ?
And sorry if this question sounds stupid, but how do I put in my evidence on there? Do I take pictures of all my evidence? Or?

Premium Member
Skybluebrewer: can we both use the same account or does he need to create his own ?
And sorry if this question sounds stupid, but how do I put in my evidence on there? Do I take pictures of all my evidence? Or?
If your partner has found a solicitor (hopefully a Registered Migration Agent) they should be able to do all this for you as part of their service.

If the solicitor is not a Registered Migration Agent as well, you may be wasting your money.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

Registered
See CCMS' comment above. But to answer the question, it doesn't matter. If you haven't read the 300 visa website yet and the "Follow these steps" section, starting there is a good idea. All the questions you've asked are explained there already.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CCMS: thank you for responding! Our solicitor is a registered one. So I'm hopeful she will help us and pray to God it'll all work out.

Skybluebrewer: thank you again! I will definitely read up on it.

Just one more question for anyone who can answer.
Does anyone know of any cases of anyone living in the US and how long theirs took?

Registered
CCMS: thank you for responding! Our solicitor is a registered one. So I'm hopeful she will help us and pray to God it'll all work out.

Skybluebrewer: thank you again! I will definitely read up on it.

Just one more question for anyone who can answer.
Does anyone know of any cases of anyone living in the US and how long theirs took?
There are plenty on this forum. There's a waiting room for offshore applicants from the U.S. I also took the 300 route but that was several years ago so my timeline would be useless to you. Check out that waiting room for more recent timeframes.

Registered
I did the 820 visa, so can't really help you on timelines. Plus, they are changing all the time, so it's really hard to say when it would be approved, as Skybluebrewer said. Definitely have a look through the forum. It's helped me immensely through my own visa journey.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.