Australia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am lodging my 485 visa application online, and had some confusions.

1. Firstly,

In the "Countries of residences" section, it says like this:

"Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (accompanying or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16 years of age) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year."

I do not have any dependents, so I provided only my countries of residences, but then the systems shows an error message like this:

"The following errors have been encountered:
1. At least one country of residence for each person over 16 is required"

and it requires me to input the countries of residence for all of my family members (parents and siblings) that I listed in the previous section of "non-accompanying family members". The message only stop showing when I provide each of the family members' residence, although they are not migrating with me or neither my dependents. What should I do about this?

2. Secondly

When I input the countries of residence information, the system requires the date but does not has anything that says "to current date". I have been living in Australia for 2 years now and still living here, what do I put into the date? Moreover, it does not let me input today's date as well, so the latest date that I could input is yesterday's date. What should I do?

And also about the previous residences. The date in the system only shows from 2009 (10 years from now). So for example, I have lived in my last residence since I was born to the date I moved to Australia, should I input my start date for the that residence only from Jan 1, 2009? (because that's the oldest date the system has!) This does not seem right.

Has anyone have experiences with this? Could anyone please help me with this since I'm so confused now.

Thank you in advance for your help, hope you all have a great day!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
1. Non-accompanying family members is usually only for your spouse/children who are not migrating with you. So you should remove your parents and siblings since they aren't dependents.

2. Put yesterday's date. Not sure how to handle the previous residence, but I would probably put 2009 if that's as far back as it will let you go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

1. Firstly,

"Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (accompanying or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16 years of age) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year."

I do not have any dependents, so I provided only my countries of residences, but then the systems shows an error message like this:

and it requires me to input the countries of residence for all of my family members (parents and siblings) that I listed in the previous section of "non-accompanying family members". The message only stop showing when I provide each of the family members' residence, although they are not migrating with me or neither my dependents. What should I do about this?

2. Secondly

When I input the countries of residence information, the system requires the date but does not has anything that says "to current date". I have been living in Australia for 2 years now and still living here, what do I put into the date? Moreover, it does not let me input today's date as well, so the latest date that I could input is yesterday's date. What should I do?

And also about the previous residences. The date in the system only shows from 2009 (10 years from now). So for example, I have lived in my last residence since I was born to the date I moved to Australia, should I input my start date for the that residence only from Jan 1, 2009? (because that's the oldest date the system has!) This does not seem right.

Has anyone have experiences with this? Could anyone please help me with this since I'm so confused now.

Hi I;m also having the same problem, did you have to make any corrections? could you please give some feedback?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

1. Firstly,

2. Secondly

Hi, Im encountering the same confusion now. Can you advise what you placed in this part?

For yourself, did you placed your country of residence plus Australia?
For your family, did you place maximum stay in home country? For example Jan 1, 2010 to Oct 12, 2020?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.