Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I need some information in regards to my Visa 820. Here is some background information. I moved here on a work and holiday visa and then I applied for the visa 820 and was granted the bridging visa in Nov 2017. I turned in all the paperwork and checks that were listed and basically gave them everything they needed. We gave them tons of evidence showing that he supported me while my mom was sick after a stroke. We met both of each other's families. He's met my family in the states and when we travelled to Vietnam together, he also met distant relatives. We also travelled back to the states while I have been living in Australia to visit family and friends. Medical check, fbi checks, background checks, Declarations from friends that have known of me and met me when I first visited that have known him for about 5 years and forms are all submitted. We literally have pictures, fb check ins, texts and skype records from when we were apart and travel tickets all submitted.

We had a lot of family drama when I first moved here. I immediately moved into a granny flat behind my partner's Mom's house with my partner. His family doesn't particularly like me but after living here for a year and a half now, I've learned they don't like many people and have a lot of drama amongst themselves. They treated me pretty badly after a while and my partner stood up for me and have since then.

1)My question is, if anyone has had a similar situation? Would they question why my declarations are not done by any family members?

2)We don't attend family events anymore so is this something I should explain on our visa?

Today I received a call from immigration. At first the lady was really understanding of why I would move into to his house instead of us moving out together; obviously because the financial situation can be hard on us and seeking a job is hard as well as a migrant/ expat when I was first on a Work and holiday visa. But then she said that, "they have been informed that our relationship is contrived."

We were both confused as to what evidence we need to submit to "defend" ourselves. Defend was the word the lady used. We didn't feel like we needed to. Everything we possibly did together or had both names on were all there. We are both beneficiaries on our supers and also share all bills paid.

Has this happened to anyone? What should I do? Do they know that people would usually do this to sabotage a relationship? What should I submit other than what we already have?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If I were in your situation I would strongly consider consulting with a RMA on your case.

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I agree with Eh?. Better to be safe than sorry. A professional would know exactly how to address the situation in your favor.

There's a sticky above the main threads of the ones that frequent this forum. They come highly recommended by many people here who have used their services.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi there

Yes, I would recommend consulting an immigration agent to prepare a submission regarding your situation.

Feel free to contact me via my email below.

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Migration Appeals

e: [email protected]
w: Home | Migration Appeals

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Well, you could go about it yourself but it'll probably be a lot cheaper spending the money for a professional upfront compared to the cost and time of a refusal and subsequent appeal which you'd definitely be hiring a professional for!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welp, I guess there is only one solution. Thanks!
I wish you all the best of luck. I feel for you really. yes, its good to have help or engage a RMA, but if you could not do that ( for financial reasons), its not end of the world. You can still do it yourself but lots of work needs to be done (lots of research, get free professional advise and even talk to DOHA personnel), i have personally gone through the hardships and helped a friend ( marriage broke down, partner visa refusal and went thru the tribunal etc, thank God it was a success in the end) . Also, being 'dobbed' in isn't a good experience as well. At least, the immigrations CO informed you that they have 'certain information ' about the relationship being 'contrived'. You need to address that. Truth and justice will always prevail. You have to be strong and never give up. I was dobbed in for no fault or any wrongdoings of my own, but once the 'flag' is on, it stays, you just need to persevere and find a way to explain your circumstances and provide more supporting evidence. Maybe, was there any communications or incidences that you have on record -text messages or anything similar, or your partners family against you that proved they just have the basic dislike on you (to no fault of yours)?.

I really feel for you and I pray things will work out for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welp, I guess there is only one solution. Thanks!
I wish you all the best of luck. I feel for you really. yes, its good to have help or engage a RMA, but if you could not do that ( for financial reasons), its not end of the world. You can still do it yourself but lots of work needs to be done (lots of research, get free professional advise and even talk to DOHA personnel), i have personally gone through the hardships and helped a friend ( marriage broke down, partner visa refusal and went thru the tribunal etc, thank God it was a success in the end) . Also, being 'dobbed' in isn't a good experience as well. At least, the immigrations CO informed you that they have 'certain information ' about the relationship being 'contrived'. You need to address that. Truth and justice will always prevail. You have to be strong and never give up. I was dobbed in for no fault or any wrongdoings of my own, but once the 'flag' is on, it stays, you just need to persevere and find a way to explain your circumstances and provide more supporting evidence. Maybe, was there any communications or incidences that you have on record -text messages or anything similar, or your partners family against you that proved they just have the basic dislike on you (to no fault of yours)?.

I really feel for you and I pray things will work out for you.
Could I message you? We will be talking to a lawyer anyways but I would like to hear about the journey and how it all developed. I think it will let me wrap my head around how difficult it might get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could I message you? We will be talking to a lawyer anyways but I would like to hear about the journey and how it all developed. I think it will let me wrap my head around how difficult it might get.
yes please , by all means, if i can help in anyway i will do my best.
for some reason it won't let me PM you on here. Is there another way to contact you? Perhaps an email? I don't think it's safe to share your email on here so try to message me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.