Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We applied for a partnership visa in December and I’m currently still on a bridging visa. I don’t want to live in Australia at all and I’m reallg unhappy. I tried to talk with my partner about this but he only wants to move overseas with me if they refuse my visa. I tried to call the department to ask if they where able to cancel my visa and send me a letter to tell me that we didn’t provide enough information to prove the claims we made in our application so I need to leave but they don’t want to do anything. Nobody is responding my emails and I’m close to a depression. I can’t believe they refuse visas from people who actually want to stay here but not from people who want to leave.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Why should they refuse just because you asked when you can withdraw the application and be done with it? Even if they approve it, you have no obligation to live here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why should they refuse just because you asked when you can withdraw the application and be done with it? Even if they approve it, you have no obligation to live here.
That's true but then I get a letter in the mail that my visa is withdrawn? The point is I just found out that I'm pregnant and my partner only wants to come with me back if it get refused or canceled because he said it's a waste of money to leave otherwise-.-

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Maybe you should re- consider where your relationship is going ? I think the visa issue is the least of your problems and is easily resolved.

Reactions: Skybluebrewer

·
Registered
841 Posts
sorry to hear of the issues however they have set criteria on what they can refuse a visa for, applicant not wanting a visa isn't one after all if that is the aim then withdrawing is the option.
have to agree with CCMS on this

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Unfortunately it sounds like this is a relationship issue and less of an immigration issue. Hopefully you and your partner are able to come up with a solution you can both be happy with.

One additional thing you should consider before giving birth.... if you remain and have the baby here in Australia, your partner would need to give his consent to let you take the baby outside Australia. So if you decide a year from now that you've had enough and want to return home, you may be in a far more difficult situation if he won't agree that you take the baby with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.