Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did master of professional accounting in Oct 2008. I applied for temporary residency but unfortunately my application was rejected, the reason being was invalid application. I applied for temporary residency before i got my final term result and that lead to the rejection.

At the moment i am in India and i want to apply for permanent residency. I know that i require 1 yr recent work experience. I started working at CA's firm. I wanted to know how i will show my work experience to DIAC and how they will verify it? What documents will be needed to show the work experience?

Another thing i would like to ask is, what does it mean 12 months out of 24 regarding the recent work experience?

Does it mean 24 months start as soon as i finish my study?

Kindly suggest me something so i can start gathering documents. I will be very thankful to you.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I did master of professional accounting in Oct 2008. I applied for temporary residency but unfortunately my application was rejected, the reason being was invalid application. I applied for temporary residency before i got my final term result and that lead to the rejection.

At the moment i am in India and i want to apply for permanent residency. I know that i require 1 yr recent work experience. I started working at CA's firm. I wanted to know how i will show my work experience to DIAC and how they will verify it? What documents will be needed to show the work experience?

Another thing i would like to ask is, what does it mean 12 months out of 24 regarding the recent work experience?

Does it mean 24 months start as soon as i finish my study?

Kindly suggest me something so i can start gathering documents. I will be very thankful to you.
Seems you have read a bit on the Immi site and I'd suggest you read more of the links from the eligibility points table for you'll find a lot of information there on experience documentation.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/
In the last two years, if a person had only worked one of those years, that is what 12 out of 24 means, but come on, you're an accountant and know of numbers.
Booklet #6 is also a great read and you can find a link to booklets in the sticky thread on visa links and resources you'll find at top of the section page.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.