Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone need some advise as i am really confused and depressed now my query is I am australian permanent visa holder and will be applying my citizenship in march 2018 on the other hand I applied my wife spouse visa( PR visa) on 24th dec as we recently got MARRIED on 19th nov but now the tricky situation starts that my wife is 3 weeks pregnant and she will be COMING on tourist visa in March to australia and of course I want my baby to born here so that he or she can get AUSTRALIAN citizen ship straight away but my consultant told me if she gave birth here and till then her file doesnt open you have to pay around 30 Thousand $ for her expense so now can you please guide what should I do Will i be able to use public hospitals in Melbourne as they are cheap and secondly let's say my baby born back home in india and I will apply his P.R and when he can APPLY his citizen ship because I am THINKING to move india due to some personal reasons but i want want before moving he SHOULD get his Australian passport.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Get a new consultant they are wrong!

If you have applied for the 309 Partner Visa, the applicant is entitled to Medicare any time they are in Australia on any valid visa.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
^^ what AMPK said.

However, if it she overstays the tourist visa, I believe that Medicare would be cancelled.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Visa is off- shore and i searched online if person is on PARTNER visa untill his or her file get finalised she will not get medicare so PLEASE suggest what if he born overseas then how he can get Citizenship .

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Then you to are WRONG!

We have had this discussion many times in the past.

If you have applied for the offshore Partner Visa (309) as you said you have - at anytime after you have receipt of application and you are in Australia on a valid visa - you are entitled to Medicare.

Sometimes it takes the staff at Medicare a little time to work out this fact, so you need to ask for their senior.

As to your asking about if born overseas - from memory - its not your best option.

But you will also need your wife to be in Australia on a valid visa at the time of birth, something that may not be possible depending restrictions or grant duration.

If a short Visitor Visa is granted without a NFS, you might want to consider throwing away the $7,000 for the 309 and paying another $7,000 for a 820.

But know what you are doing first - and that's a lot of homework.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Read it for yourself on the Medicare eligibility page. 309/100 and 820/801 applicants are eligible for Medicare. She can't get it though unless she is onshore on a valid visa.

Your issue here would be getting her on a visa that lets her stay long enough to deliver and after.

An onshore partner visa would have made all of this much easier for you. It really sounds like you should try out a different agent. There are several good Australian based RMAs that frequent this forum.

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/enablers/how-enrol-or-re-enrol-medicare#a3

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
To be clear, you don't apply for the 309 alone. It is called a 309/100 application because you actually apply for both, so that app for permanent residency (100 as a combined 309/100 app) is what makes the applicant eligible.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I will inform my daughter her name is now Oristine, not quite the same as Pristine.

LOL - we have many name challenges in my family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.