Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am here in student visa since november 2008 with my husband and child.Now I am finishing my studies.I cannot go back to my country Nepal because I am from a plain region of Nepal where lots of political criminal groups are involved.on July 2007 my fahter was killed by one of such group.Since then we are not being able to stay on our own home and still my brother and mother is hanging around other's places.even in our property those groups conduct their activities and we are not able to use such properties.These days the activity of those groups have increased more.Am I eligible to apply for protection visa in Austrailia.Pls. suggest me.

thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello
I am here in student visa since november 2008 with my husband and child.Now I am finishing my studies.I cannot go back to my country Nepal because I am from a plain region of Nepal where lots of political criminal groups are involved.on July 2007 my fahter was killed by one of such group.Since then we are not being able to stay on our own home and still my brother and mother is hanging around other's places.even in our property those groups conduct their activities and we are not able to use such properties.These days the activity of those groups have increased more.Am I eligible to apply for protection visa in Austrailia.Pls. suggest me.

thanks
I am sorry to hear of your loss and how it must be for your family.
As for protection visas, the government will I expect have some fairly firm guidelines in place re what the situations have to be like in countries.

Refugee & Humanitarian - Visas & Immigration is the Immi site section and I'd suggest you start with a read there and then see about an appointment at an Immigration office to see what advice they offer.

It could be that you can prepare a case to support an application and you may also want to consult an Immigration agent on such an issue for it is not one that comes up yoo much on the forum and thus limited direct experience about on protection visas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.