Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am Arun from India applying PR for australia. I have little confusion in categorizing my profile under matching ASCO code.

I am working as an Automation/Build/Release Engineer in IT industry with 5 years of experience. I am not able to see any close match with ASCO code profile listed in SOL/MODL list.

It will be much appreciated if you help me in choosing my ASCO code.

Kindly do let me know if you need more info regarding my profile to match the code.

Thx,
--Arun. :confused:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Welcome to the forum Graycop and
The ASCO Codes and what occupation classification may best suit you will be determined primarily by your educational qualifications - what diploma, degree, certificate or whatever, though most professional occupation assessment organisations have a degree requirement.

First step for any independent PR application is to have an occupational qualification assessment - you experience is secondary and will have an impact on your immigration eligibility.

If you look under eligibility for a 175 or 176 visa you'll see about full requirements - do not rush your reading and also good value to read sticky threads #4 & #6

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wanderer!! I have read the list of pdf documents posted as sticky one.

Based on the sub-categories i qualify point based system. I have trouble in identifying the ASCO code.
I will add some more info on my profile:

Profession: build/release engineer.
Domain: Networking
Degree: Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics & COmmuniction)
Exp: 5 years

I just wanted to know anyone with similar profession(Build/release management) have applied for PR and how do they managed the ASCO for this profile.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
As yo may no doubt appreciate, a degree in engineering can lead you in many professional directions.
For the purpose of immigration you'll either have to get your qualifications in engineering assessed, making an enquiry first with immi to see if your experience is close enough to your qualified area to meet mandatory experience or if looking at IT, see if there is a category within that on which you could be assessed.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
That's good news for you Graycop, one step accomplished.
As for others with similar skill sets, ACS will as Immi does re visa applications, assess all qualification assessments on individual merit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.