Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Quite stressed about my visa situation! I am an American woman in a de facto relationship with an Australian man. Together we have a 5 year old daughter with Australian citizenship.

My visitor visa (600) will expire in March. We are very settled here (home, church, partner's job) and I haven't anywhere else to go with our daughter (parents in USA both deceased).

We have not applied for the Partner Visa as I spent over a year backpacking in India in my 20s but I cannot obtain the required police clearances despite a lot of attempts speaking to local officials and departments.

I had one previous visitor (600) visa in 2014 and have had 2 ETA visas in the past.

Can anyone advise, what might be the consequence of applying for another visitor visa? Would I be better off leaving the country to, for example, Malaysia or Indonesia and applying for an eVisitor or ETA visa? I am terrified of getting stranded outside the country without my daughter, or bringing her to an unknown country and being stranded there without support.

Thanks very much for your help!

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
From what you have posted, lodging an onshore partner visa application is most likely your best option.

If you go to my website; pinoyau.com and use the contact form I shall have a look at your case.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the Indian police certificate at this stage. Only the sponsor should provide police certifcates up front. If you meet the overall requirements for a partner visa, I suggest you apply as soon as possible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You sound like an obvious case who should receive a partner visa with no problems. If you are with the biological father of your daughter and he has generally been with you and with his daughter, then obviously been together for more than a year, in which case a partner visa should be near automatic provided that you provide all the relevant evidence, which many people neglect to collect. And, if you have not done anything really bad, a bridging visa will be near automatic if you apply from within Australia.

If your paperwork is not in good order, or your sex life is unduly complicated, or you have had run ins with immigration, then you should talk to an agent, but from what you have described, you should just get rubber stamped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.