Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Quite stressed about my visa situation! I am an American woman in a de facto relationship with an Australian man. Together we have a 5 year old daughter with Australian citizenship.

My visitor visa (600) will expire in March. We are very settled here (home, church, partner's job) and I haven't anywhere else to go with our daughter (parents in USA both deceased).

We have not applied for the Partner Visa as I spent over a year backpacking in India in my 20s but I cannot obtain the required police clearances despite a lot of attempts speaking to local officials and departments.

I had one previous visitor (600) visa in 2014 and have had 2 ETA visas in the past.

Can anyone advise, what might be the consequence of applying for another visitor visa? Would I be better off leaving the country to, for example, Malaysia or Indonesia and applying for an eVisitor or ETA visa? I am terrified of getting stranded outside the country without my daughter, or bringing her to an unknown country and being stranded there without support.

Thanks very much for your help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.