Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I recently lodged an onshore carer visa application for my parents to support us in looking after our 12 months old child suffering from a rare disorder. The lodged application was valid and they were granted bridging visa A. They were previously on a visit visa which expired on 19th of October 2020.

My daughter passed away a few days ago after fighting for her life for the last 7 weeks in hospital. This is my second child who has passed away in a 2 years time period and we are in great trauma especially my wife. It is a blessing to have extended family support in the form of my parents and we believe we will require their support at least a few more months to gradually get back to our normal lives.

My understanding is that as soon as I am going to notify the department of the demise of my daughter, they are going to either cancel the carer visa application or ask us to withdraw it. In either case, they will have 35 days to depart Australia. However, we would need them for at least 6 more months here.

I will ask the hospital to provide me with a letter where all the details will be mentioned and how our lives have been deeply impacted after all this and that our parents presence for the next few months is critical for our wellbeing.

My question is how I should proceed now. Should I email the department the change in notification form along with the hospital letter and request them to provide us with a few months time and after which I will be withdrawing the application? Are there any chances of them accepting that?

Or I can withdraw the application now but request department to provide an extension of few months on their current bridging visa A.

If they are not willing to accept either of the above options; then do we have the option to apply for a visitor visa? Are they eligible for it?

We have already lost our child and now very worried with the thought of our parents leaving us in these difficult times alone. I will be really grateful if someone can guide us in these difficult circumstances.

Your valuable advice in this regard will be highly appreciated.

P.S: I am the sponsor of my parents carer visa application and not my daughter. Is that going to make any difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.

Things like this are not best handled on a public forum and I would seek some professional help from a registered migration agent who can do their best to minimise the stress involved.

Reactions: FreddoBee

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw someone's reply on this thread who applied for carer visa and her sponsor (aunt) passed away. However, her comment seemed to be deleted. Can you please post a reply again here? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your condolences. Is there a way to get in touch with you and get a proper advise? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts