Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm new to this but I am glad to join to ask a help....I am a Filipina who just passed my citizenship test last week, my hubby is australian and we have two kids. My hubby and I would like to invite my parents who are living in philippines to come over for 6 months that will be sponsor by us like financial, accommodation , airfare,etc my question what visa should we apply for? And my hubby is discharged bankrupt one year ago is this affect us to sponsor? Plz help

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hi Grazzie
The web sites below will inform you of the new tourist visa rules for parents (this new rule is a very positive step as the government is acknowledging the importance that parent/grandparents play.

What's New for tourist and visitor visas

Tourist Visa (Subclass 676)
The bankuptcy is discharged, What is discharge?
It means your bankruptcy has ended and you are no longer bankrupt. GOOD NEWS so as long as you or you parents can meet the financial requirements below it should be okay. BAD News you will need to check into the amount that is required to cover the cost of the stay, i believe it is around $5,000 (or access to eg: Credit card) though you will need to check into this further. Maybe somebody else on this site will be able to assist you in relation to the tourist visas.
Financial requirements
You must have access to sufficient funds to cover all costs for the duration of your stay in Australia, including health/travel insurance if required. You may be asked to provide evidence of your funds.
Examples: personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records, credit card limit.

I wish you and your husband well in your endeavours and happy for you to contact me if you need any additional assistance. Perhaps you could do a search by tourist visas and join onto another larger thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.