Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My boyfriend applied for the 309 visa (offshore) partner through the Madrid office on 06/08/2016. His visa was granted while he was in NZ on 20/02/2017.

He reentered Australia in March 2017, at which time we stayed with a family friend until July 2017.

In that same month, we took up a lease and have lived in the same apartment since.

Whilst I thought we updated the address details on moving, I checked the other day only to see that we had not notified Immi of these address changes :eek:. I've now seen that you're supposed to notify them within a short time frame to disclose change of address. I think I may have updated his account address (although I can't be sure because it is not showing up).

I am really concerned that this may be something that will make immigration reject the second part of his visa. We have proof to show where we have been living (bills, bank statements, lease etc), but I'm concerned that submitting that will be enough. We also have ample proof of the continuing nature of our relationship.

I have written an email to Immi, but wanted to post here to get some wisdom first. We were SO thorough with his application, I cannot believe this slipped our minds :(. Any advice/reassurance would be much appreciated!

Cheers - M.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you have an immiAccount, you should be able to update address details there. Otherwise use form 929.

Note that the Department no longer contacts people for the stage 2 paperwork. You are eligible 2 years after the application was lodged, so make sure to keep track of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.