Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'am new here and just want some advice about my case with my partner. Here is a few information about us;

-- I'm a permanent resident (awaiting for my citizenship exam)
-- My partner was on holiday working visa but went back to her country (Taiwan) after her 2-years visa last August.
-- We met in my work last April this year (2017) and got in a relationship in July and still going even though we're in long distance relationship.
-- After 2 months when she went back to her country she told me that she's pregnant. (she's 12 weeks pregnant as of this last week of October)
-- Her due date is on May 2018.
-- We're not married yet but have plans when she gets here.
-- And YES, this is a genuine relationship, not a fraud.

Our reasons for getting her a Tourist Visa first.
-- Our plan A is to get her a 600 visa and then apply for a 820/801 visa.
-- We're planning to get married here and use that as one of the evidence for the spouse visa and apply onshore.

Now here are my questions:
1. Can she apply for a tourist visa (600) while she's pregnant?
2. If YES, is there gonna be a problem when immigration ask about her intent for a tourist visa? Will she be sent back to Taiwan if they refuse her entry?
3. What documents do we need to get her a tourist visa while pregnant?
4. If not, what other kind of visas you can recommend to us?

I have a little knowledge about applying for partner visa and what documents needed. We just need more advices on our case and what to do if our plan A didn't work. We're not getting a migration agent as well as we we're tight in budget. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers guys!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am not very familiar with the tourist visa to partner visa onshore process.
With such a short timespan of relationship evidence, it may be difficult for you to prove de facto onshore requirements.

A Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300) may be an option, as it is generally aimed more towards long distance relationships or shorter time couples have been together. However this is an offshore processing visa. Not particular ideal given your circumstances, but again it may be hard for you to meet the onshore visa requirements.

I am sure another poster with more experience will be able to give some more information for tourist to onshore visa apps.

I know you may be on a budget, however an initial consultation with an RMA may be helpful. It is only around $150-200 for a consultation and may be beneficial.

·
Registered
345 Posts
-- We're planning to get married here and use that as one of the evidence for the spouse visa and apply onshore.
Just wanted to also add - getting married does not hold much weight to prove anything in the eyes of the DIBP. The evidence and requirements still need to be proven, regardless of getting married or not.

Also, you can not apply for the spouse visa (300) onshore. It is an offshore processing visa. The applicant must be out of Australia during the application, and also when the grant is finalised.

The 820 is the onshore visa. This requires a lot of hard and stringent evidence as it is a de facto visa. I would suggest taking a look at the DIBP partner migration booklet and having a good read for more information.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Just wanted to also add - getting married does not hold much weight to prove anything in the eyes of the DIBP.
Good call. I was going to say this, but you beat me to it.

OP - As Savage Flame mentioned, you may want to consider your options and speak with a RMA about your situation. If you only started dating in July 2017 and she left Australia the following month (if that is correct?), it will be hard (or damn near impossible) for you to satisfy the de facto requirement for a partner visa.

The PMV sounds like your best bet right now, especially if you're planning to wed in the near future. Check this thread out. It's timelines of PMV in 2017.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input guys! really appreciate it.

I really ruled out the de facto visa at first as we really don't meet the required 12 months at the time she was working here as we don't live in the same house and she was staying with her twin sister to have strong proof of our relationship.
As for PMV, I didn't thought about this as we're planning to get married before we apply for her visa and we wanted her to be here before she give birth.

I have another question:
-- What if we took the de facto path and register our relationship in my state and waive the 12 month rule, do we have a big chance of being granted a visa given that we only have a few months on our relationship? (I know it still depends on the evidence we'll show them). We're planning to apply around Feb-Mar next year.

Thanks again guys! I might just consult an agent if these things really don't work out. But for now, I want to gather much information as I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.