Australia Forum banner

New application

3313 Views 14 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Ali29
Hi everyone,

Alison here. I am about to sponsor Aaron, my American Partner of 2 years to come to Oz. The process seems a bit of a mine field so do you think an Immigration Agent is necessary?
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 15 Posts
If we start by applying offshore (309/100) then he comes to Australia and stays, can we change the visa over to an 820/801or does it have to be a brand new application?
You can't change it. If you apply for the 309/100, there's no bridging visa so he'd need a valid visa to come to Australia if the 309 hasn't been granted yet. If he wants to make an onshore application, that means doing it all over again and paying a new fee.
Thank you.

I am not sure which Visa to apply for: 309, 820 or PMV. Which ones allows him to work AND get Medicare?
He has visited several times over the past two years on an ETA visa without any issues. No mention of a "no further stay" provision.
We a a little concerned that should he need to travel back and forth to the USA it may be problematic should we apply for the 820.
With the PMV is travel restricted?
Sorry for not being clear. The restriction for travel is with the BVA whilst waiting for the 820, therefore I am thinking it may be better to apply for the 309 and then he can come and go on an ETA.
Born in NYC he has a US passport but a 462 visa is out of the question as he is 63 and I am 60.
1 - 6 of 15 Posts
Not open for further replies.